Dreadbox Typhon

just ordered one… couldn’t resist.
1st time trying interest free payment too… (might as well keep the main money in bank account / bitcoin).

3 Likes

yes! your question did lead me to a quick exploration …

it turns out, that, using the step sequencer modulator with only one step, you can dial in very accurate subdivisions.

set delay to bpm sync. set delay time to /2. use one modulator in step sequencer mode. select destination F31 (fx3 parameter 1 = delay). set step level to 100. set modulation amount to 50 or -50 for factors like 1.5 times, 3 times etc …

very cool — was actually missing this myself. i love 1.5x delays …
who would have thought it was there all along …

edit: F31 for the ping-pong, for stereo delay F31+F32 as target …

6 Likes

Thanks for this!
Hoping they introduce more options in the future update.

1 Like

I haven’t done the 3.0 firmware yet. Are the issues people were having widespread or is it safe to jump in?

i’d say it’s safe! not heard of widespread issues …

3.0 really opens up new possibilities. love the tempo and speed division modulation targets fo the sequencer!

2 Likes

Awesome. That’s something to get on with if I get some time to myself today.

another little tip for the typhon community:

started to use the envelope modulator on all my patches to duck (or side chain) my delays or reverbs. cleans up the sound a lot …

set a modulator to EG, destination to FX3, level to -20 or to taste …

10 Likes

I do this a lot with my hydrasynth. Love that Typhon can do this as well!

1 Like

my typhon just turned up…
so thats very quick delivery by Andertons and dpd in the uk.

Congrats!

Always been super impressed by Andertons delivery.

Nice! Mine was next-day (and early) as well. :slight_smile:

Still experimenting with mine. Currently alongside an AS-1 and both sequenced by the DN. A bit of analog goodness to rub against the FM weirdness!

just a note
the mac installed is flagged as 10.14 onwards.
i’m on 10.13.6
i just used ‘show package contents’ on the main icon within the DMG , and ran the typhon manager v3 script in the macos directory
plugged in via usb

seems to have worked :slight_smile:

if you try … do it at your own risk etc…

5 Likes

+1 for more lots more exotic divisions (triplets and dotted) when syncinc delay and other things to bpm! Dreadbox if you see this… Would this be possible to add? :wink:

2 Likes

Triplets are comming in the next update along with quite some extra fun. Won’t say more so as to not spoil the surprise :slight_smile:

Edit: Unfortunately triplets will probably not make it to the upcomming update :frowning: . Hopefully in the next one…

28 Likes

So involved, thanks!

1 Like

you folks are awesome! thanks for communicating along the way. it’s great to see.

2 Likes

Lock to musical scales in the sequencer please!

7 Likes

My goodness, even more stuff? I’m beginning to be out of ideas for what to add, you guys are amazing, I’m so happy I bought this box!

5 Likes

I’m not intending to criticise here, I’m just looking for a bit of reassurance or help.

I’m finding that when I’m browsing the presets that they don’t sound very… Nice to my ears. I’ve started wondering if my unit has a tuning issue? I quite regularly use the hardware check (press all buttons, move the sliders etc) and start an initial patch and it sounds about right but some times leaving a sequence running it seems to drift, quite a bit and usually in a certain instance, so that my ear picks up on it.

I’m pretty new to analog synths so maybe this is all to be expected but like I said earlier, maybe I’m looking for a bit of reassurance?

Same for me but don’t judge a device on their Presets. Build your own.

2 Likes