Dreadbox Typhon

About Program Changes :

At 5 and 3 yrs old it’s always a bit of a nightmare when they try to help with the “bipty wipty” as they call it.

The sounds are never twinkly enough. First world problems.

2 Likes

Great job Dreadbox! Love the new presets and browsing. Full of confidence now, thanks.

I want to see pictures of the Black/Copper Limited Typhon.

4 Likes

I was very close to buying the normal version today, now I have to wait to see this one.
Life is so hard.

3 Likes

I was going to get a Volca Bass for bass duties, but then I stumbled upon some Typhoon videos and G.A.S. kicked in… I know the Typhoon is a totally different beast with a much wider sonic palette, but my doubt is if it can do the bass thing as well as the Volca bass? I’m looking mainly for dirty lo-fi basslines (think BOC’s “Roygbiv”).

3 Likes

With the combination of two detunable oscillators that can be used in either FM or twin saws, and effects such as distorsion and chorus/flanger, the possibilities for creating massive dirty basses are numerous.

4 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

In my opinion, it sounds one hell of a lot better than the Volca Bass. Shouldn’t have any trouble getting something like the Roygbiv bass out of it. I’ve found Dreadbox synths a natural fit for BOC leads and basses.

3 Likes

I’ve had my Typhon for a few days now and it’s far more versatile than “analogue mono synth” might suggest. It’s capable of absolutely filthy bass with the different distortion flavours and it can also make ethereal pads/drones, percussion, very modern-sounding leads and plucks and all sorts of other stuff that you might not expect. It’s a real chameleon.

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Where are those Release notes?

I want two of those wrist bands.

1 Like

When you download the update folder, there is a PDF in it.

3 Likes

man… preset preview! sweet! this 3.1.1 update has a bunch of cool stuff. the new presets are also very nice. the 303 tones confirm my decision not to get a tb-03. the typhon is one stop shopping.

1 Like

Limited Black/Copper version.

20 Likes

I’m in! When, where?

1 Like

I don’t know :joy: found it on Instagram :blush:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I wrote a thing for CDM about the last two firmware updates.
Highlighting the new deep modulation capabilities, the expanded mod matrix, and how you can now switch FX and modulator types over external MIDI CC#s.

22 Likes