Dreadbox Typhon

Same here, ordered friday, arrived two hours ago !!!

2 Likes

Their delivery times (to the EU at least) have been superb.

Mine is planned the 17, we are the 15. Some people received it this morning (shipped Friday like others). Itā€™s already in Brittany, since 8h00, near you @LyingDalai! (Saint-Jacques de la Lande). One hour by car. Will it take 2 days for 100km?

Itā€™s written third party. I guess they chose a turtle one!

2 Likes

I have just received the limited editionā€¦
The encoder cap is better (metal instead of plastic) but itā€™s a bit slippery: the lines are horizontalā€¦ Weird choice. Fortunately I have other caps that fit and have a better grip.

The synth arrived in 2 open days thatā€™s awesome!
But the box was really poor, the package was substandard and the box within completely beaten, and opened.
I noticed that a corner of the synth has been hit. Pretty pissed of, even if itā€™s really thin.

Getting the limited edition and the standard side by side, I think I prefer the standard version lookā€¦ Iā€™ll decide which one I keep in a few days.

3 Likes

@LyingDalai you also order the LTD! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Iā€™m not that surprised!

Ahem yes indeedā€¦ It was announced the day I received the OG, I figured I could still send it back. Or resell it, as itā€™s missing stocksā€¦

Soundwise, this synth is a beast!!
But limited edition doesnā€™t bring anything in this regard :wink:

3 Likes

For a darker limited edition, I was really expecting something related to the deep sea, with deep blue colors and Cthulhu influences :octopus:
I prefer the original model, definitely more summery :sun_with_face:

1 Like

No light. The deep sea is black, not blue! :wink:
The original one is closer to the sea, usually greyish.

1 Like

Ordered from Andertons on Friday, arrived today. Was speaking to them for a while as they were trying to get stock of the limited edition, but unfortunately were unable to get it. Great of them to try though!

Still, the standard version look awesome, and sounds insanely good from what Iā€™ve hear over the last 10mins. Now back to work for 5hrs before I can play properlyā€¦

3 Likes

I dig the limited oneā€™s colorway, but Iā€™d rather have it not advertise a synth store on it.

1 Like

Understandable, though to be fair they did create a bank of presets for the limited edition as well as being its only stockist.

1 Like

FWIW, here are the two versions side by side. The OG is a bit grayer than the LTD version.

11 Likes

My packaging was also quite smashed - luckily only damage to the Dreadbox box itself - not the device. I contacted the shop and they were very helpful and apologetic so :+1: for service there also.

They ā€œjustā€ need to use more sturdy packaging - delivery company handling can be a nightmare. I still get irked remembering seeing people pickup iMacs off distribution belts and violently throw them in a sorting crate working a temp shift in shipping once 10+ years ago.

3 Likes

I feel like when you deliver any product, and even more a ā€œluxury itemā€ such as a limited edition synth (or vinyl), you have to provide a packaging to ensure a decent customer experience, ie neither the product nor the associated package is damaged.

My OT AE box was also smashed because it was dancing in a cardbox 3 times bigger, a real joke. I was so pissed off at the store :angry:

I am grateful for synthesizer.gr to deliver so quickly (especially when I had been waiting the OG for 4 full months) but the package was nevertheless pretty sub-standard.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s no good. A sheet of bubble wrap and a strip of tape is not even 50 cents.

Sorry for you, @LyingDalai.

When I got my Typhon from Detroit Modular last year the box was bubble wrapped inside the shipping box.

2 Likes

I would appreciate you not posting any more videos demonstrating that the Typhon can do pretty, or the exact kind of sounds I secretly hope it is capable of.

5 Likes

I totally agree - and thatā€™s why I wrote them.

No that obvious. I thought OG was even greyerā€¦

Damn. I meant more grey. Slightly blue-ish greyer.

I like the two tone OG. The yellow distinction of the oscillator section is helpful with an interface that invites you to just start twisting knobs.

2 Likes