Dreadbox Typhon

Cute idea, NTS-1 as a 3rd oscillator for Typhon:

4 Likes

DJ Tech Tools Chroma Caps
ā€œslim encoderā€

A little taller height than OG plastic knob, stands off the face the same as OG, but wider and rubberized. I like it.

Got a second one for my MOTU UltraLite MK4ā€™s volume encoder, as well.

6 Likes

I would love to see the actual values of the knobs on the screen when you tweak them! That would be great!

And if you decide to implement the idea of switching envelope control when tweaking the amp/filter time knob, please make this an option in the menu like suggested, as I love the ability to tweak the time knob of the amp knob while tweaking the filter envelope simultaneously

2 Likes

Is anyone slightly surprised this box doesnā€™t have a couple of CV ins?

I look forward to maybe getting one, potentially this summer, for my birthday. :laughing:

2 Likes

Sound character wise are there any classic synths anyone would say the Typhon is similar to? Pro 1? Moog? SH-101? Or is it very much its own thing?

FYI, looks like these are well in stock in the USA now.
GC/Sweetwater/Kraft/DetroitModular/PerfectCircuit/Amazon

This, Iā€™d say. And it is interesting, because it has a lot of the same characteristics as other synths. But in its own flavor.

It can sound really big! But its not a Moog.
It can sound really smooth with a bit of growl, but itā€™s not a Sequential or a Roland.
It sounds like a Dreadbox. Big and bold, but doesnā€™t have to dominate the mix.

7 Likes

thx god !!

thx god

thx god!!! :cool:

2 Likes

Curious if anyone has used their Typhon with a wireless MIDI/Bluetooth MIDI interface, like the Yamaha one. Do the Typhon MIDI jacks power it?

Thanks!

They look like the old Rean P400 & P401 series

I love them so much, but they are out of production since years.
I need to ask a friend of mine, that runs a plastic print factory, if itā€™s possible to make them.

D-shaft, soft rubber, Iā€™ve a bunch jealously guarded.

2 Likes

Yes it does, works with both my Bluetooth adapters, Yamaha and CME Widi master.

1 Like

:dancer:

Iā€™m gonna push my request again for locking to musical scales in the sequencer. Pretty please.

11 Likes

Is there any control for the first wave fm wave combination?
Also is it possible to mix the level of the oscilators?
Thanks!

The middle knob is the only way to do this AFAICT.
As it is a macro knob, it is not a way to ā€œfine mixā€ the oscillators volume, though.

I have checked the modulation targets but there doesnā€™t seem to be such a target as OSC X volume level.

1 Like

If the sliders could have a mode for mixing the oscillators / wave shapes like on the SH-101, that would be amazing.

1 Like

And part of the charm, IMO. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

What about the parameters for fm wave combination from osc. Are there any?

Osc 2 pitch, Wave knobā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ll throw in that Iā€™d love to have individual oscillator level as a mod target too

1 Like

Finally got mine yesterday! :partying_face: Spent 2 hours on the couch last night just feeding it arpeggios from the keystep and twisting knobs, this thing is a beast!

6 Likes