Dreadbox Typhon

Question: is there a way to delete a Note Sequencer? or a way to stop the Typhon from responding to Start/Stop midi signals?

1 Like

In global settings/master clock/receive set to internal to stop responding to Start/Stop
If you want to disable a note step sequencer set all the steps to rest or set the lenght to 1 and rest to that one step.

2 Likes

But won’t that make it stop receiving external BPM? I want to sync it to the Digitakt, I just don’t want the internal sequencer to start whenever I press play on the Digitakt.

@theartistisirrelevant you seem to be right: I can only see clock settings, no sequencer transport settings…

You may use the probability slider or as @sur suggested:

1 Like

Yeah, that will have to do, I just wanted to make sure if there wasn’t a more global way of disabling this.

1 Like

@AlexandrosLiarokapis that might be a good suggestion for the Roadmap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I figured today that the Typhgon has a menu that lists every single CC number.
This is a very nice thing to see :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I found the step sequencer modulator deceiving. No independent level per step / target.
3 modulators with 189 targets yes, but not 189 independent modulations.

LVL 1 is per step but the same value for all targets.
LVL 2 is unique per target, can’t be modulated freely per step.

I would have prefered probability instead of LV1 and an independent (per step and target) LVL 2.

2 Likes

@AlexandrosLiarokapis Would it be possible to confirm this finding?

1 Like

Does Typhon send MIDI clock out? I like that the synth can modulate tempo, so that would be cool if that modulation could change tempo of external instruments too.

Apparently

2 Likes

Step modulator : I found convenient to set values CV values with LV2 set to 20, no sheet needed and perfect values.
LV1 = 5 corresponds to a semitone.
35 = 7 semitones
60 = an octave
Etc…

Corresponds to OT pitch values in Lfo designer.

2 Likes

groovy!

When I tested it, sometimes gear would lose the plot if the MIDI clock modulations were too crazy. But it’s possible. Ableton receiving clock turned out to be the most reliable. Elektron sequencers receiving clock turned out to be the least (they’d just stop sometimes) with OT being the worst.

2 Likes

I was confused by the explanation in the manual of what the two Level parameters do.

1 Like

This would be nice as an extra feature, although I really like the happy accidents that come out of modulating wave. It’s an interesting take on things.

4 Likes

Amen! Love how increasing LFO depth to Waveform allows you to get both PWM and allows mixing in a little triangle wave or square wave. So charming.

4 Likes

Indeed. What’s everyone’s take on PWM’d square waves? I tend to lean left about 11 o’clock on the wave dial and modulate slightly on that side. I can’t seem to get a really deep PWM towards the square/saw side, although that could be me just hearing that triangle. I noticed a lot of their patches tended to lean that way too. Just curious on your findings.

I go right down the middle, just being careful with the depth.
If you’re not meticulous with the depth, you def hear it more if you lean left though, due to the triangle wave’s reduced harmonics. The square jumps out more when you set it to the right.

I think also if you go down the middle you’re hearing some true square each cycle, where as if you stay to the left you’re hearing mostly pulse wave, so the PWM sticks out more.
So it kind of comes down to taste.

2 Likes

Do other people get a high pitched noise from the screen? Directly from the unit, not through the monitors. I wish we could set the screensaver to ten seconds.

that doesn’t happen to mine, but my ears are also old. this has been discussed in the typhon facebook group. it looked like dreadbox was either sending out or otherwise replacing screens in some cases. it’s worth sending them a note.

1 Like