Dreadbox Typhon

With paraphonic sequencer and good reverb, you can cheat! :content:

1 Like

I use synths a lot in a similar manner, and I did find a workaround for noisy sounds on the Typhon. The results arenā€™t perfect, but they do create noise. I essentially maxed out the resonance and put the filter modulation all the way up and then put that through the chorus effect with these settings, Depth 65 Speed 100 Feedback 22 Mix 100

1 Like

Did you ever receive this knob? Interested about the rubberized part.

Thanks!

Edit: looks like you did in this post? Dreadbox Typhon - #1361 by AdamJay

Edit 2: I only see ā€œThin Encoderā€ on the DJ Tech Tools store ā€“ same one?

1 Like

I know everyoneā€™s experience will vary, but I just wanted to note that, sadly, the DJ Tech Tools USB cable with noise filtering still does not get rid of the high pitched whine that comes from powering the Typhon from a USB-C port on MacBook Pro from 2017 (the one with the stupid ā€œmagic barā€ or whatever at the top).

Hopefully others will have better luck (itā€™s a lovely cable). Maybe itā€™s because the dishwasher is running on the same circuit. [shrug] :slight_smile:

yep. I posted a picture above:

I like it. Also put one on my MOTU UL MK4ā€™s monitor volume.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming! Iā€™d like a lil more grip!

1 Like

Thatā€™s great to hear! I love dotted delay times :slight_smile:

Can you say anything about a possibility that the knobs will send midi cc in a future update? That would really be a BIG workflow booster for me!
Even if it is just the knobs it would be awesome, but of course it would be even better if the faders would also send midi cc for each menu!

1 Like

Typhon Donā€™t work with Yamaha mdbt-01.

Cool, Iā€™ll give that a try later. Thanks :+1:

Thatā€™s strange, definitely works on mine.
Iā€™m using/sending midi via AUM on the iPad to the Typhon using the Yamaha.

2 Likes

That combination works fine for me. Make sure youā€™re following the arrows.

1 Like

@Chromodynamik Yeah, works for me in both Drambo and AUM. Keep trying!

1 Like

Yep, getting the arrows correct for midi in and out has caught me out before!

1 Like

Definitely caught me out the first time. Had to twist and turn it all around! :woozy_face:

1 Like

Hi. Forgive the newbie questionā€¦ I just got a Typhon and itā€™s my first mono synth. Iā€™m sequencing the initial patch from my Blackbox but there seems to be some modulation of the filter or other parameter.

Iā€™m suspecting that this is actually the interaction between the two oscillators, but Iā€™m unsure because of my lack of experience. Can anyone please confirmā€¦

The behaviour does seem to change when I turn the wave knobā€¦ what settings do I need if I want this to to stable with no modulation. Thanks

Itā€™s probably worth checking the patch, itā€™s likely to have lfo modulating filter or something.

Itā€™s the initial patch and all three modulators are set to zero level. Which I believe means that there is no modulation (?)

Hi @Lordzol, Further back in the thread this was discussed. IIRC itā€™s a product of it being analogue so there is a very slight phasing.

1 Like

Thanks

That knob is :heart:

1 Like