Dreadbox Typhon

I’m no electrician either. Guess i should get my wiring checked. Still i have no idea whenever it is supposed to be this way or not.

Guys, I was just playing with my brand new Typhon, the display went into standby mode and it never turned back on again! :hushed: I’ve disconnected it completely several times but still no display, has anyone had this issue?

Hi, unfortunately it sounds like an issue I had. It was a screen failure.

I got in touch with Dreadbox and they were really quick in replying and sending a replacement screen. They also gave me the option of returning it to them for repairs, but replacing the screen was really easy so I chose that option.

2 Likes

I’ve attached a photo I took when the top panel was removed. It’s 2 screws
On the screen.

2 Likes

Check it’s not static electricity building up in you.
I thought one of my synths was dying the other day as I got a shock every time I touched it. Turns out I was building up static by sliding off my chair.

Has anyone seen/heard any updates on the March batch of special editions? I should be in it, as I ordered early, but haven’t seen any updates. Looking forward to playing this instrument again.

Early april?

1 Like

Nice!

Slipped a bit, but reasonable I suppose :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve contacted Dreadbox and they confirmed it’s a faulty screen, they’re sending a replacement and I’ll do it myself, it seems easy enough.

2 Likes

VERY dense question, but can anyone offer details on how tuning works? I know OSC 2 can move up in quantized semitones, but what about OSC 1?

Something I like about my AS-1 is that you can tune OSC1 to C1, C2, D3, G#4, you name it and then do the same with the second OSC. This is something I use regularly. With the Typhon however I don’t see a tuning/pitch knob for OSC1. Is it just always in C1 or something?

You can tune it using the mod matrix I think.

2 Likes

Yes, you can tune Osc1 and 2 independently with modulations with CV1 and CV2 destinations, +/- 24 semitones. (Edit : fixed offset with 1 step Step Modulator).
Both can be modulated additionally with CV destination.
CV2 creates an offset whatever TUNE 2 knob position is.

Up to 6 octaves between Osc1 and Osc 2 :
CV1 = -24
CV2 = +24
TUNE 2 set to +2 octaves

1 Like

EDIT: I typed LFO when I meant VFC. Fixed now.

I’m trying to apply key tracking to the VCF cutoff, but in the key tracking menu it doesn’t let me select that option.

I can get around it by assigning the VCF cutoff to a custom target, and then assigning key tracking to that custom target, but it seems kind of roundabout.

Is there any way to just select it directly from the key tracking menu? Thanks!

What do you mean by that?
Key tracking to an LFO mod depth with cutoff destination ?

1 Like

Sorry, typo. VCF cutoff, is what I meant.

There is a dedicated Keytrack / cutoff parameter in Set menu if I remember correctly…

Edit : SET page

VCF TRACK: Filter cutoff key track

1 Like

thread scrubbed off off-topic 303 tangential discussion.

Let’s all try to stay on topic. :thup:

3 Likes

Any chance an arpeggiator could be added in the future via a firmware update?

7 Likes

Guys what are the parameters of the granular cloud reverb of the machine?

From manual…

TUNE : Detuning of each grain
SIZE : grain length
FEED : feedback amount of active grains
GRAIN : From -12 to 12. Negative values set the playback in reverse
MIX : dry/wet mix

4 Likes