Dreadbox Typhon

Strange because I had the problem every 2-3 minutes and it apparently disappeared only after the firmware downgrade/upgrade procedure.

how does one downgrade Typhon btw?

Same procedure as for firmware update. I have a backup of v2.0.1 just in case.

Just wanted to know if anyone encountered this problem: my Typhon starts properly for the first two boot screens but then everything turns off (screen and button leds)

Try another USB adapter / power from computer / try different usb cable ?

Just fixed it by installing the new firmware!

1 Like

Just saw a normal typhon for sale on uk gumtree ( if anyone is impatient to wait for next batch )

A fellow elektronauts is selling a special edition here on the site and I was about to PM him but wasnĀ“t sure if I liked the colors on the original better.
So I randomly checked at Thomann to compare the 2 editions and suddenly noticed that the one on the thomann site was in stock.
So I just ordered and it should be here on Fridayā€¦

1 Like

Interesting! I ordered from SynthesizerGR early for this batch, and havenā€™t seen anything yet. Hopefully soon then :slight_smile:

I think that the Typhon on SynthesizerGR is the special edition only. I bought the original version on thomann. Just to avoid confusionā€¦

2 Likes

Ah, makes sense. I didnā€™t quite catch that (working). Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry to upset people.

Iā€™ve had one for a short while now and only used it on day 1
It is gathering dust. ( like nearly all my other gear )

I certainly use mine more when I am trying to be semi-mobile. The compact size, unique sequencer, and battery power ability kind of invite that vibe for me. And so mine also went unused for a while, so I loaned it out to a friend for them to check out.
Iā€™ll be eager to get it back in a couple weeks though once bike riding season really sets in. Looking forward to a 10 mile ride to the park, and then some quality nature time with the Typhon and open back headphones so I donā€™t close out the world too much. :wink:

7 Likes

Use mine everyday. Havenā€™t been out and about in over a year. It just sounds proper good!

I definitely feel that vibe. I have a tiny setup going with a Typhon, my iPhone (running Drambo) and an iRig guitar adapter. Can definitely build full tracks with just that.

Could do so without the Typhon even, but that analog sound/physicality is worth bringing the Typhon along.

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m trying to use PC on Typhon from OT, but Iā€™ve been unsuccessfulā€¦All seems correct but I could easily forget something. In OT midi track 3, Iā€™m sending a sequence to Typhon and the Typhon is playing it. Then I tried to make a program change but nothing happens, the Typhon doesnā€™t change to the preset Iā€™ve already saved for the song Iā€™m writing. In the midi note setup I have Chan 6(the same in Typhon), bank 4 (cause I saved the preset on bank D on Typhon) and Prog 2, ( my preset is in bank D 2, the second preset, soā€¦).
Iā€™m forgetting something??Need to do something on the Typhon side settings?
To be clear, thereā€™s a midi cable between both :smile:ā€¦the Typhon is playing fine the sequence from OT. So they are communicating. And in this same project Iā€™m also controlling Peak with OT, and all is fine with PC with itā€¦
voilĆ !

I think bank D is 3 on OT as it starts at zero.

Same goes for program, you need to subtract one on the OT

Hey thanks @soulfood
Iā€™ve thought that already, but doesnā€™t seems to affectā€¦ The thing is that Typhon ignore any change on bank or programā€¦It just plays the first preset in bank A ( unless I change it manually)

I found where my mistake was (RTFMā€¦)
You need to enable midi cc on Typhon to make it accept any ProgramChange, in case anyone has a doubt.
Edit: And as @soulfood suggested, Bank D is 3 on OT, with Typhon. Not the case of Peak, where bank 1 in OT is bank Aā€¦ Donā€™t know whyā€¦

2 Likes

Days that I check videos and reviews of this little beast.
Convince me that I do not need to buy the Typhon and make it a portable companion for the OT mk1 + Minitaur combo that I already haveā€¦ :thinking: :grin: