Dreadbox Typhon

If that not bother you, I might be also interested by the 3D file…if it exists…Thanks!

Hello !

Here is the STL ! :slight_smile:

I printed it in a transparent filament for LyingDalai !
(8 hours on the Ender 5 plus)

Enjoy !

4 Likes

Merci! :ok_hand:

1 Like

:dizzy_face:
I didn’t know that!

I launch the print at night, no problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

@funkylsk Merci !

1 Like

Absolutely loving the sounds coming from this. Had a question- I’ve looked through the manual YouTube and forums.

Is there an easier way to use the external in besides using the preset in bank C?

Like on any preset or init, how do I use to external in? I want to run synths through it but half the time I can’t get sounds to go through. Any help?

This part of Manual doesn’t suffice?

Two ways:

1. Use the factory preset Bank C-1 or
  2. Make your own setting:
  • Make sure on Global Settings you have the MASTER CLOCK on internal
  • On SET page, adjust every parameter to 0 exept of VCA LVL at 100
  • Set Cut off from the left side at max, and reson to min
  • Now we need to keep the VCA constantly open. Go to any modulator (I prefer the use of M3) and set it at “STEP” mode.

Then setup:

“#” - 1
Step - 1
LVL - 100
DEST - VCA
LVL - 100

4 Likes

Do your typhon also have a higher noise floor than other synths? I noticed there’s white noise at a quite noticable higher level (roughly +12-18db) than my other synths.
On some patches it’s even more noticable, and you can even hear effects sometimes on it, even when the synth is not playing. Try for exemple the Goa factory patch on bank B and up the volume, you’ll hear the flanger when nothing is playing.
Is that normal ?

Normal if you have distortion imho…

I haven’t noticed noise… maybe because I like it noisy!

Anyway its defo my easiest synth to fit in a track. Very minimal eq/compression etc. Just sounds mint.

after putting on a shelf for awhile and then playing the typhon again a bit the other day, i just want to confirm that it is almost impossible to make it sound bad. still easily one of the most exciting pieces of hardware in my collection.

5 Likes

Thank you! Genuinely didn’t see this when I searched and I searched for a bit. I think I looked at a more abridged manual…

1 Like

While I’m over the honeymoon phase I still can’t think about parting with the Typhon yet. It’s simple and solid, sounds great and has lovely effects. Super fun to turn a patch into a chord with a sampler and resample into something beautiful. Works great as a simple acid box, provides tasty/hideous lead sounds and deeeep bass cavernous horrors. For the price, build and form factor it’s hard to beat right now. I’m not too keen on the sequencer, it’s a bit fiddly, but perfectly useable with a bit of practice. Love all the boost/drive/distortion options. Nice chorus too. Plus it works as an external effects processor. So much win.

7 Likes

Hi 'nauts.
Here is a M4L device that I made to control/edit the Typhon through MIDI.
https://maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=7216

It includes a ‘Mixs to 0’ button to facilitate a bypass function.
I may improve the device later on with more functions. Any suggestion/Comments?

Cheers :robot: :alien:

18 Likes

Oh thank you, this looks amazing!

Looks amazing! Do you know offhand if the device “works” with MIDI controllers like the LaunchControl XL?

No worries if not, I plan to test/try it out later.

I haven’t done much test actually but I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work.

2 Likes

Thanks! I will let you know how it works out.

1 Like

Nice!