Dreadbox Typhon

Anyone still experiencing latency with the Typhon. Latest firmware and the timing is stil sloppy.
I can see clearly in Logic audio that the Typhon has latency.

1 Like

Just noticed that my main encoder skips ahead, when scrolling sounds it will go backwards when scrolling forward and sometimes jump 4-5 sounds ahead. Also when scrolling through M1,M2,M3,Fx1,Fx2,Fx3,Set - it will also skip ahead and back. Anyone else facing any issues? Btw, I´m on the latest firmware.

Sounds like a faulty encoder to me. No problems like that here

How much?
Probably due to fx processing…

Do you have any other hardware synths? Is it worse than the others?

I don’t have any problems with latency or sloppy timing with mine

I realised mine triggers inconsistently if I proper zoom in on a waveform but it doesn’t sound out. I figured this was due to the analogue circuitry, as it doesn’t happen for every note. Just here and there.

Classic faulty encoder.
Usually this happens after a lot of cycles, like my AN200, bought in 2001, which started to give this kind of encoder problems around 2015, after 14 years. I need to fix it one of these days…

Anyone found a way to permanently pitch one oscillator more than an octave away from the other?

Trying to make a patch with one oscillator an octave+5th above the other. The best I’ve come up with so far is using an envelope on one mod slot, but then I either have to have it slowly drop as the note fades out (even on max release), or have it drop an octave instantly when the note is let go. Neither of which is ideal.

I thought a square wave LFO on zero rate might work, but that still oscillates, just very slowly.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Hi mates,

Although I am an early adopter (unit 4xx), i never tried to pass my guitar through Typhon’s line input, and use the unit as an FX pedal. is it possible? I mean, Guitar to Preamp Pedal, and Preamp to Typhon.

Maybe? It expects line level input so it will probably sound bad, but I doubt it would break your synth to try. Let us know how it works out.

Of course it is, give it a go! :smiley:

maybe a one-note step sequencer on the modulator?

6 Likes

You could try setting up a custom modulator target and point that at CV2. Then set up a step modulator with 1 step, set it to the Custom 1 destination and tune that. Not sure if it locks to semitones. I believe this is how the external input patch is set up, it just continuously opens the amp envelope with 1 step.

3 Likes

Up to 6 octaves between Osc1 and Osc 2 :

2 Likes

I’m digging this little box :slight_smile: though my screen seems to be recessed a little too much , all is grand if the box is angled but leaving flat its hard to see those lower functions , might open her up and have a look to see if can get that screen more flush, any one else notice this :wink:

I put some “invisible laptop feet” under it to tilt it. Works great! And if I want to I can lower them so it is pretty much flat again.

https://www.amazon.nl/gp/aw/d/B08764W9D4/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 Likes

My screen appears to have died today. Semi regular use since December. Bummer. Haven’t tried reinstalling firmware yet, but nothing else I have tried has brought the display back to life. Is this a common thing?
Any suggestions?

Never heard before. Contact dreadbox they will fix it :wink:

1 Like
3 Likes

Good to know. Cheers.

My wishful thinking is that it’s maybe a glitch with the screen saver or something similar that someone has a fix for.

Hopefully it revives itself by tonight or I guess it’s the service route.