Dreadbox Typhon

Wow, that is awesome.

Nice work.

Thatā€™s great about the noise burst, it was earsplitting.

Holy moly

indeedā€¦ holy moly

OH DEAR! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

Complete this sentence ur dam self, jackass forum software.

wicked!!! That allows me to feed the typhon into the forceā€¦ or at least frees up audio room!

Cool! The startup noise scared the shit out of me the other day, I had no idea it did that :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder, can I hook it up to ipad now, with the camera connection kit?

in a very quick test, usb audio and midi appear to work. update worked fine, backup/restore seemed to work (though i didnā€™t check all my patches), and ableton was able to send midi and receive audio. nice!

2 Likes

What does usb midi mean? It can be controlled by a midi controller that doesnā€™t have 5 pin?

I bought a limited edition a few months ago, didnā€™t really use it a lot, but I brought it with me on holiday with the usual OT as thr form factor is of course ideal.

I must say: what a great little machine this is. Using it as a USB powered multi fx mostly. Sounds damn good. Live sampling and mangling of the fx in the OT is loads of fun. And then considering the fact thereā€™s also a powerful synth on boardā€¦ :wink:

Wow!

And then thereā€™s a great update waiting when we come home. Thanks!!

1 Like

No. ā€¦ itā€™s not a midi host. (I donā€™t think it is anyway)
Usb midi means it can output and receive midi via usb lead and computer (which can be usb host) and maybe new akai Mpc , probably iPad

Likely to be lots on YouTube related to usb midi / host devices.

Is the audio stereo in/out or mono in/stereo out via USB?

Itā€™s stereo!

16 Likes

Wow this was ā€¦ unexpected :slight_smile: thanks A lot for all those wonderful updates

2 Likes

Anyone happen to find a bag with a Blackbox and Typhon in it underneath their airplane seat? If so, Iā€™m the moron who left it there. :sob:

Ouch, sorry to hear this. I have left hand luggage in an airplane and got it back after prompt reporting (even quickly enough to catch the next leg of our international flights). Hope you have the same luck.

4 Likes

Super nice update. Especially if the noise burst fix refers to thar scream from hell that made my ears bleed a few times. :slight_smile:

Gutted for you

I left a brand new ipad on the plane once. Remembered when was collecting luggage and ran back and a kind woman pointed out a man had it. He gave me it saying he was looking for me but I think heā€™d planned to keep it as had it stashed away

Been very cautious since then

1 Like

Tried hooking it up with Ipad, no problems! Just have to have power plugged in too camera connection kit, or typhon wont power.

2 Likes

Thank you! To clarify: stereo in/out?

Will it be possible to pass an external signal through the effects and record the effected signal via USB audio?