Dreadbox Typhon

definitely stereo out. i didn’t check in or try what you suggested. i’ll check later, but maybe someone else will get to it first.

1 Like

Do both audio and midi work with iPad?

1 Like

Yeah, tried only audio first but now midi too, super easy, having Fugue Machine control Typhon right now with its stereo audio on another channel. Very nice! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Has anyone tried recording midi over usb yet? I got midi notes from the sequencer recorded into Ableton but no CC values when turning knobs. Curious if it’s just my settings or if it’s not working for others also.

i tried sending CC values via USB to the Typhon and couldn’t get that to work. as you said, could be a settings issue.

I can send ccs no problem just not receive them. If you enable them in the settings menu it should work for you :+1:

ahh, i had them enabled but then the firmware update disabled them. working now, thanks!

1 Like

How long does the update last? I’ve had it for about 20 minutes already. Is this normal? If I interrupt the procedure, what can it threaten?

updates only take a minute or two for me. not sure if you’ll risk damage by unplugging. you might email dreadbox or check the manual. it’s probably fine to try again.

This is not implemented yet unfortunately but it’s on our todo list for sure!

4 Likes

Oh awesome haha, at least I know I’m not crazy.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer! I aborted the update and turned off the Typhon. The next time I turned it on, Typhon wrote that I should download the firmware. I downloaded the firmware 3.1.1, and then update to 4.0 B. And everything works fine now!

3 Likes

So sorry for you! Fingers crossed that a generous human will do the right thing. I once left a backpack on a commuter train back from the airport after a family vacation, containing: 2 macbook pros, 2 ipad pros, my wallet, and a bunch of cash. After frantic phone calls I ended up just waiting for it to pass back by my station on the return trip, and the conductor stepped out with the backpack. I gave him $100 on the spot for saving my marriage. Hope you have similar luck!!!

8 Likes

Quick question (sorry if it’s been asked before): Has anyone tried using this as a quick and dirty mastering unit? I see that external signals can be routed through it and it has the main low-pass filter, a digital hi-pass filter, various distortions/saturators, some widening effects and reverb. Am I crazy thinking this could sound good on DT’s main outs? My stuff is lo-fi af anyway btw.

2 Likes

I like your thinking… How many FX at a time tho… I forget :thinking:

I thought low-pass, hi-pass, distortion (FX1), widening (FX2) and reverb (FX3) could be used simultaneously. But the shitter is that at the end of the manual it says the audio input is mono. Goddamn, it was almost the perfect plan :frowning:

Edit: buuuut, routing the mono to stereo feed from Typhon back into DT’s inputs as a kinda dry/wet mix could work maybe? I’m almost convinced I’m gonna get one (Typhon, that is), so I’ll give it a shot.

1 Like

I seem to have lost the ability to send program change to the Typhon after the update. I went through the settings and couldn’t find it. Using DNK as controller. Works before update. I can still play the Typhon via DNK though.

settings(SET)->8. MIDI CC->1. CC ENABLED. But I can program change only BANK A…

Thanks. This worked for me. What are you using to send pc? Before the update, sending from DNK, I used “sbnk“ and “prog”. Now sbnk does nothing and it changed to bank. So bank 1-4 and prog 1-64.

1 Like

Get one already!
You’ll find a good use for it anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like