Dreadbox Typhon

saaaame.
scales would make the sequencer a joy to use. :pray: :pray:

3 Likes

I never understood how this worked. I thought it would be as simple as plugging another synth/drum machine into the input, but I don’t understand how to process it with typhoon effects.

can you recommend any clips showing this to great affect?

You can always use Bank C, Preset 1 (EXT IN).

1 Like

Bank C, preset “Ext in”. I am currently using the Typhon as a FX unit for my guitar, and sounds BIG.

3 Likes

Quick shout out to the ext. in. Just had a go playing mixer feedback through the Typhon. Love how you get the filter in addition to all the fx. All fair game for modulation. Really nice time was had. Leveled up the synth in my eyes.

3 Likes

The external in of the Typhon does wonders for the Lyra-8 as well. :smiley:

3 Likes

I can’t wait to get the Nymphes and run it though the effects

1 Like

That will be a beautiful pairing.

1 Like

Any word on when the V4 firmware is coming?

I don’t think anybody knows more than Dreadbox and they’re saying ‘coming soon’.

1 Like

It took tech support several weeks to respond to a bug report that I posted for the Beta 4, so i’d imagine they’re pretty far behind with the launch of Nymphes and all that. I would be surprised if we see a formal 4.0 Firmware launch in the next 2-3 months.

2 Likes

I just wish they’d allow notes to be locked to a scale in the sequencer. This thing would then become a riff monster.

3 Likes

That’s what I use my Erica DB-01 for mostly, I love coming up with nasty riffs in keys and scales of my choice. The Typhon would be even better with this addition

4 Likes

I agree, this would elevate it for sure. I am currently using my keystep 37 to take on those duties. It’s scale modes+record mode in the Typhon’s note sequencer is a pretty fun combo

4 Likes

Erase/delete all the notes from the SEQ would be awesome too, do i miss something?

3 Likes

When recording into the sequencer using a keyboard in record mode, is it possible to enter rests or must that be done manually with the sliders?

This thing just dropped on my desk and it has a lot of juice in it… I guess it will be a nice complement to my Elektron boxes.

2 Likes

It looks like v4.0 Beta2 is released.

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks, getting it now.