Dreadbox Typhon

It’s been a minute, and still no “official” release of Firmware 4.0. Me thinks Dreadbox/Sinevibes might be a little behind these days…

Probably prioritizing the nymphes

Another aesthetic mod…

36 Likes

@J3RK - I’m normally not one to mess with my gear for stuff like this, but that looks really damn good!

1 Like

Thanks!

I got these knobs from Smallbear Electronics, but they’re closing. I have seen them at other shops though. They’re not very expensive as far as knobs go either.

1 Like

Tasty!

It make synth !

1 Like

hey all, I tried to send program change from Deluge to Typhon but couldn’t make it work.
Are you able to do this, and if yes, do you know if something has to be set on Typhon ?
Thanks!

Didn’t try myself but from manual :

MIDI CC menu

1. CC - ENABLED / DISABLED. This will also include the program change messeges.

You also have to set corresponding midi channels on Deluge and Typhon.

Global settings
MIDI CHANNELS
INPUT (1-16 or ALL)

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! I wanted to check this morning in manual but I’ve been lazy this time. Shame on me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Typhon 4 out of beta. 4.1 available!

5 Likes

Any new features compared to 4 beta? Or is this just the release version?

not sure, didn’t keep a copy of the beta log

Details are clearly on the typhon page, no need to download logs or anything.

Pdf with the firmware…(screenshot).

5 Likes

Since the beta description was out of DB site not sure how i could compare with 4.1

It’s basically the same.
I hope to try it today.

1 Like

Yeah it looks identical to the 4.0 beta. Not sure if it’s the exact same build - hopefully they made it even more stable in 4.1. But I didn’t really run into any problems to speak of with the 4.0 beta (I got the second build that didn’t suffer the screen failure issues from the first build).

I really wish a future update might bring us an Arp mode and a digital noise oscillator! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

That would be pretty sweet, but I’m willing to wager that as of Firmware 4.1, Dreadbox have done everything they planned to do with Typhon. They’ll likely focus on Nymphes and newer products at this point. Hope I’m wrong, though - Typhon is still one of my favorite synths ever.