Drop your best one liner / pun / quick joke here

Heard Louis CK tell this joke on a podcast recently, such an economy of words.
The thread title made me immediately think of Steven Wright, who is undoubtedly on the podium of one-liner comics.
There’s tons of great ones, but here’s a few:

“This morning, I folded my bed back into a couch. I nearly broke both arms because it’s not that kind of bed.”

“My dog is a paranoid retriever. He brings back everything because he’s not sure what I threw him”

“I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.”

“I was at the grocery store the other day and I saw this guy pushing this long line of shopping carts and i yelled to him, 'Hey, somebody else might want to use one of those”

“my grandmother said, come over here. i said why? she said just come over here. so i went over. she said here’s $5, don’ t tell your mother i gave it to you. i said, it’ll cost you more than that”

“When I was a child, we had a sandpit. It was a quicksand pit. I was an only child…eventually.”

“I once accidentally swapped my car keys for the house keys. When I put the ignition key in the door it started up the house. So I drove it around for awhile. A cop eventually pulled me over. He asked me where I lived. I said: ‘Right here.’”

“I had a dream that I was robbed. When I woke-up, everything in my apartment had been replaced by an exact duplicate.”

3 Likes

A man walks up to a bar holding a dog jobby in the palm of his hand and says to the bartender, ‘ look what I nearly stood in!’

2 Likes

A bear goes to the bar. He asks for a glass of beer and

1 Like

Nice try, Hollywood. Pay your writers better!

2 Likes

I like escalators because they never break, they just become stairs. You should never see an “escalator out of order” sign,
just “escalator, temporarily stairs”… sorry for the convenience.

RIP Hedberg

7 Likes

…A shot of whiskey.

The bartender says, “Sure, but why the big pause?”

The bear says, “Cause I’m a bear!

5 Likes

Steven Wright is one of my faves. Here’s another:

“I bought some powdered water the other day, but didn’t know what to add to it.”

2 Likes

What do dyslexic agnostic insomniacs do at nighttime?

Answer

Lie awake wondering whether there’s a dog.

2 Likes

My wife didn’t believe me when I said I was going to make a car out of spaghetti

You should have seen her face when I drove pasta

2 Likes

Why should you never pick a fight with an Italian baker?

They’ll ciabatta you

2 Likes

used?

1 Like

Why were the baker’s hands brown?

Because they kneaded a poo.

3 Likes

How do you milk sheep?

Release another iPhone.

3 Likes

Edgy

1 Like

Why does Putin run a Mac?

He’s afraid of windows.

6 Likes

A preposition is a word you can’t end a sentence with.

4 Likes

A Christ is for life not just for dogmas

2 Likes

Beautiful

3 Likes

Courtesy of the great Alan Partridge

“I used to be indecisive, but now Im not so sure”

4 Likes

How many flies does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

answer

two, but I don’t know how they got in there.

3 Likes