Drum n' Bass Battle #1 (Get Animated) [Submissions CLOSED!]

I knocked one out quickly as well, but i think there is no restriction on entering more than once.

2 Likes

File too big to be sent by DM so I downloaded it here:

2 Likes

No restrictions on the number of submissions.

But @Vague_versatile, I cant submit a track that you post publicly. It has to be sent privately via file sharing so it can be voted on blindly. I’m sorry about that.

If file is to large to pm, then just upload to google drive, allow me access, then send me a link via pm.

Alright I will make a new one then no worries. Not used to the process

Word! Glad you’re into the game!

Let me know if you have any problems, and I can walk you through the submission process.

1 Like

When we submit should we state our source material for old cartoon? Or keep it secret?

I’ve just found my sample. It’s a really left field one that triggers some deep childhood memories for me and happens to be unwittingly oozing with 90s rave vibes. :ok_hand:

Definitely tell me in the PM’s

My plan is to post the list generically, then after the reveal, I am going to put it with a thumbnail of the source.

It will be fun if people recognize the source.

1 Like

And if you’re gonna mix them together do you want it to start with a whole bunch of bars of the general beat before the tune properly kicks in?

You know what… i would disregard that… I don’t think I could do it justice since I never mixed before.

It will live as just a playlist… I was going to just play them back to back and post it on mixcloud to see whats up.

1 Like

Here is a little more inspiration. Just a quick track I just made on the 404.

1 Like

I gotta say, I am really enjoying the submissions so far! Great stuff!

I don’t think I can cast a vote now though since Im in the know.

I KNOW TOO MUCH!

I’m running out of time!

1 Like

Got over two weeks to get something in! You can do it!

1 Like

More inspiration. This just happened at the Zeds Dead show here in Chicago.

Very nice! What was the workflow? 100% SP404 mkii?

Yup, 100%. Except for the final master with izotope.

I started trying different vocal loops, and once I picked the one from Paragon Vocal pack by Mike Schultz, I then picked some drums from a sample pack from Black Sun Empire. Then I used the step sequencer to make a DnB beat. I kept duplicating the pattern, leaving gaps in the beat so I had to make a variation. Until I got to 64 bars.

And finally, I added two bass sounds from the same Black Sun Empire pack. Both were in F, so I also triggered them by raising them up 5 semitones as well.

1 Like

I’m so out of my depth but this is a great challenge.
I listened to a few D&B examples and put a rhythm together in the PT and was just feeling all pumped about my achievement…then I go back to YouTube to listen again and realise my efforts are straight out of a ‘My First D&B’ book…probably a pop-up version of the book too :joy:

4 Likes

Hey, it fits the theme! It’s all about channeling youth!

1 Like

Ok, track submitted, I put more efforts this time. Hope you receive it well.