Drum n' Bass Battle #1 (Get Animated) [Submissions CLOSED!]

Well, I said it in the Hiphop challange,

But my dumb ass just bought a Maschine mk 3. I have a beatstep pro, but it doesnt have fixed velocity, so you are always going back and readjusting the hits to max velocity.

Plus, it comes with Kontakt 13. I have a 404, but the pads look lovely, and I seen Fred Again with the Maschine+, so I figured if Im going to be chopping breaks, and want some DAW support…

…whelp.

Should be able to limit the velocity range in the software editor…if not, odd omission from Arturia.

1 Like

You can adjust sensitivity to max, but it doesn’t play the pads maxed out.

I think I asked tech support, and their solution is to just go back and shift command all the encoders or steps to max after the inputs.

I checked all the forums and it is a crazy omission.

Meanwhile, on the Keystep pro, you can’t copy paste the drum track like you can on the BSP. You have to copy paste every drum track individually.

If you set min and max to 127, it’s not the highest velocity?

Edit-not sensitivity l, note on velocity.

1 Like

No, just sensitivity threshold.

Edit: a work around maybe to limit the range to the upper threshold. I’m going to try it real quick.

EDIT 2: I cant notice any difference in the velocity when I hit the pad… they are still velocity sensitive.

I appreciate the help though.

Congrats for the purchase. I almost pulled the trigger (had a lot of fun with mashine mini mk3 that I ended up to sell) but as my main daw is Ableton I decided to escape the Maschine ecosystem. Attention already enough dispersed. Very fun and efficient workflow for beatmaking though. I like how it helps to structure a track

Yeah, plus I want to chop up breaks, and the added functionality will help make sick DnB.

Thanks!

Aww. You should have PMd me. Now everyone will know which is yours before voting.

But at this point, since it’s the first one, why not. I want everyone to submit something no matter what.

Can you delete your post to limit who sees it?

1 Like

Thanks so much, I’ve deleted the post now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to have you!

1 Like

Here’s some more inspiration for the battle.

I just watched his boiler room performance, this is amazing

1 Like

I like the soundtrack from Death Note, Bleach and Future Diary.

1 Like

Submitted, would have liked to have spent a bit more time with it but it’s the holidays and the family comes first, have a great time everyone :relaxed:

1 Like

Time running too fast + absolutely no inspiration for some monthes now = me unable to make music and be part of this challenge :cry:
I’m so sad, but seems it is not the right moment.
But I’ll of course enjoy to listen to all submissions here!!

4 Likes

Entry sent! @BLKrbbt

Pretty rough around the edges, but maybe that’s the point. Good fun though.

2 Likes

I’m almost done my piece using my new Rytm. Just need to add the anime samples and remix. Learning while producing on just the new Rytm has been a fun journey and never realized how much more than just a drum machine it can be!

2 Likes

Its only the 22nd as of today. Why wait for inspiration? I could send you some drum and bass patterns to sequence, or some amens to chop, and just pick any music from any cartoon… slap that shit together and forget about it!

I would hate for you to not produce. I know this is a technically a “battle”, but I would take any hot garbage.

3 Likes

Don’t be downhearted man, mines taken the best part of two weeks to sort out on and off, drum and bass isn’t easy to produce but there’s still enough time for you to get something together, i totally understand the creative block thing though, I suffer badly with it myself and sometimes random beat challenges help shake the funk off, have a noodle and vibe with your gear, inspiration can be like lightning sometimes and strike when you least expect it .

4 Likes

You know what… I’m going to say a hot take, so nobody get offended…

But fuck inspiration.

That shit sucks, and is the worst thing for the creative process… It feels like to me that you just need to keep making shit and run the numbers… something will be good if you make enough… not only that, but it also skews the critical process of creating, because sometimes you get a false sense of something being good because you got hype for it, and it’s absence makes it seem like what you made isn’t good, which is rarely true.

Everything has merit.

3 Likes