DT and DN screen colour

Retinal damage mainly, but I didn’t find out until it was too late.

Disclaimer: The two voices are hard-panned Left and Right, and it only plays AAC format.

I‘d like this little box as little studio recorder! Could you put a record button in?

Too complicated ! This was made for David Guetta, our best french DJ.

2 Likes

Try this thread

1 Like

Just tried this with some self adhesive red film, quite like the orange colour it gives.

2 Likes

Looks like the heat now

I dislike red screens. that’s 1 vote against, just in case elektron are reading this.
:sunny:

4 Likes

Holy moly that’s almost too much. Like the film is too thick or the red tint is too dense. If it were thinner/more faint, I would probably go for it!

Although… when I cover up the yellow parts and only look at the red… it’s not that bad… where do I get such a film covering???

My first synth was a microkorg so maybe I like the red on black thing…

I sense impending red vs blue forum wars

hehe :smile:

the contrast between red light and black is never strong enough, strains the eyes.
maybe that’s why they use red light in photography dark rooms, because it’s shite :smile:

1 Like

Adjusted the colour a bit to match IRL

Not sure if I will go with this or get some other colours, I really don’t think Elektron will change them but I’d love an OTmkII type screen in my DT and DN :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Actually red light is the best for eyes, I did a bit of research on it, I’ll see if I can dig it up.

Adjusted version looks too dark but I’m definitely liking the direction this is going, gonna have to do something similar!

I think it is because for now I have just stuck it over the plastic bezel, if it was directly on the LCD I think it will look much clearer, but warranty issues prevent that for now. I might try to find some very thin mylar type film with better transparency. If I find anything I’ll post back.

1 Like

It’s weird, my DN screen is a darker yellow than my DT. They’re not the same shade…

A couple of different films, these are not adhesive backed so look much clearer

Quite like this one, infra red!

3 Likes

Speaking of screens, if you’re looking at the screen and you look to the side do you ever get like a flicker on the screen as you look away, like it’s disintegrating? I had it on the Tempest a few years back, and I could never work out what’s happening. Is it my eyes or is it the screen. Like does the screen cease to exist if it’s not being observed?! :smile:

Possibly the refresh rate, I notice that when I was viewing through camera the screen had fast diagonal scanning, a bit like an old crt.

1 Like