very nice new release

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been enjoying this album too ā€¦

3 Likes

Bandcamp link - fck Spotify

4 Likes

so you also may like is new podcast he recorded :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is probably old news for many, but I just heard this track for the first time (at least that I recall) tonight. YOWZA. Immediately had to track down a copy! I was hoping to purchase an MP3, but could only find as vinyl. Not that I donā€™t love vinyl, I mean I used to own a record store, rather I donā€™t have a lot of faith in shipping them these days, especially from Europe to the US, but had to go for it. In the end, as long as it arrives in one (very flat) piece Iā€™ll be very happy with the 12". :laughing: :rofl:

Iā€™ll be listening to this a lot in the meantime.

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

Nice ones! Especially like the steppy (?) groove of UTILS, the last track

1 Like

hope you donā€™t mind some self promo here :smiley:

Various Artists - Etui Winter Camp 6 is out now. With Etui Winter Camp 6 compilation, we are bringing back our beloved musical fireplace for cold moments. And it is the most diverse collection of music we have released on a compilation so far.

tracklist:

01 Alessandro Crimi ā€“ Velvet
02 Ignacio Tardieu ā€“ Baseline Status
03 Andrea Cichecki ā€“ Time Flies
04 Monomood ā€“ Wavedub
05 Tim Kossmann ā€“ Space Jazz
06 Schulz Audio ā€“ Alles Still
07 Giacomo Pellegrino ā€“ No Sleep
08 Markus Masuhr ā€“ Lillestom
09 Infinitedub & Tears In Rain ā€“ Ice Tunnel
10 Insect O. ā€“ Der Blaue Komet
11 StĆøll ā€“ Taiwanese Landscape
12 A-Mag ā€“ Obsession

6 Likes

Itā€™s a great compilation, really enjoyed it. Congrats!

1 Like

1 Like

A stab in the dub-darkā€¦perhaps.

Does anyone know where I can find a download of Placidā€™s mix; ā€˜The Dub Techno Sound of Berlinā€™?

I have his other Detoit mix and think itā€™s superb, so would love to get my digital hands on this companion mix if itā€™s still available somewhere.

I released this dubby EP last week:

2 Likes

Is this it? Whatā€™s the Detroit mix youā€™re speaking of?

EDIT: I Googled and found ā€˜Placid - The Sounds of Detroitā€™ ā€“ original link is dead. Trying to locate another source. I think this is users SoundCloud which has a ton of mixes on it, but I donā€™t see those in particular.

Stream Placid_88 | Listen to music albums online for free on SoundCloud

That could be it. Iā€™ll have a listen when Iā€™m at work and see if I can train-spot the tracks. Thanks!

I acquired ā€˜The Dub Techno Sound of Detroitā€™ in the early naughties. At the time I was an active part of a message board on which Placid often posted. I was asking about Dubby recommendations and he pointed me in the direction of his mix.

Fast-forward to last week and Iā€™m watching one of Dub Monitorā€™s videos on YouTube and he mentions Placidā€™s mix(es) as being great primers to the Dub-Techno sound. One of which I have (TDTSOD) and one of which I never knew about (TDTSOB). So I thought I would search it up.

I got this far: http://darkfloor.co.uk/mix-placid-ā€“-the-dub-techno-sound-of-berlin/ But the link takes you to his website and the mix is no longer there for download.

Try contacting Placid on Discogs.

Hereā€™s a link to Placid and a short discussion about the mix youā€™re after.
https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/604945#5894136

1 Like

Good idea!

1 Like

My absolute Dub Techno hero is Schulz Audio:

3 Likes

thatā€™s tough to argue with. iā€™m listening to this right now ā€¦

1 Like