Dub Techno Recommendations

RNG and Vapours absolute bangers… for me

Mistral and Wintermute also recommended

Started with LOOM EP … still good and recommended from 2016

Bandcamp links for people who would like to support them in a more significant way…

https://bandcamp.com/tag/schulz-audio

4 Likes

Thank you.

I would advise every user to preferably drop a link that offers to access the music without subscription, e.g. bandcamp or soundcloud.

5 Likes

that’s a good idea, i’ve tended to just link whatever i’m listening to and let people search whatever service they use on their own. i’ll link bandcamp wherever possible from now on.

2 Likes

My track Der Blaue Komet is inspired by the flyby of comet Neowise. I made the video of photos I shot at my balcony.

9 Likes

really love all your stuff and label work. thumbs up :rocket:

do you mind sharing what gear / software is beeing used here roughly?

2 Likes

Some shameless self advertising:

4 Likes

veeery nice! i really dig your song “Birds over Hong Kong” - what inspired you to that song? (I live on Lantau Island)… viele Grüsse aus HK!

1 Like

Beautiful track… nicely done!

1 Like

I visited HK in 2011 and played with Ocean Lam and Wendy Wenn in a club (forgot the name). So its inspired from the amazing city and especially the view from the peak. I saw the big birds flying around the sky scrapers. That is where the name comes from :slight_smile: btw do you know Nick and Theresa? 2 friends of mine living also on Lantau :slight_smile:

Can give some track insights thr coming days. But basicaly: chords coming from a4. Warm resonanced pad is from the Prophet 6, grazy pad is the shapeshifter. Drums are sample from AR into NI Battery. The grazy fx on the ride comes from NI Guitar Rig. Recorded, arranged and mixed in logic

For the video I used 72 photo I made with my eos 77d with a sigma 17-50mm 2.8 lense and a 55-270 canon lense. One video layer is animated with resolume and then added to another layer in final cut pro x.

Thanks everyone for the nice feedback!!!

1 Like

thanks for your reply - the club must have been either Yumla or Bassment :wink:

the sound of your Birds over Hong Kong track captures the scene pretty well:

A restless city that never sleeps, black kites hovering above skyscrapers,
having just hiked up to the peak, a surreal feeling emerges:
the dopamin kicks in…

I added some of my photos - you know the view :slight_smile:
(I’ll send you a DM - cheers)

1 Like

love this, it’s really well done and so is ‘birds over hong kong’.

My latest EP, out today, inspired by early dub techno:

6 Likes

i like the ep, offwidth is my favorite of the four tracks. nice work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! :pray:

1 Like

anytime, i always seem to enjoy your tracks.

1 Like

Also like the EP!

1 Like

As of now, all of the Melotonin label releases are free or pay what you want on bandcamp … Music | Melotonin

1 Like