E-rm multiclock

Im a brand new owner of the multiclock and im having a big of trouble setting up in Ableton with my gear. Can anyone give me a video or some solid instructions on how to get the plugin and hardware setup. I’m using a soundcraft signature 22mtk as my interface.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1. download the vst/au plugin from the e-rm website
  2. pull the plugin in a midi channel
  3. set a mono external out for this midi channel e.g. output (x) of your interface → it should not be muted
  4. connect the audio in of Multiclock with output (x)
  5. hit play and watch the red bpm light on the Multiclock blink

so you will “loose” one output of your interface, but theres no way around it → the audio is, what makes the clock so tight

i am not referring to the sync over midi → it’s clear that the tight sync only comes through audio.
my idea is to use the built-in-midi-interface to send midi notes from Ableton to the hardware synths, while they are synced by the Multiclock.

if thats not possible I ask myself what the built-in-midi-interface is to be used for? and how actually would it behave if I force it? would the midi notes be sent to “late”?

Here are the setup pics of Cubase, its almost the same in Live.

Multiclocks VST houses in an instrument track, it produces an audio click according to current tempo.

This signal is routed to an output channel.

IMG_1119

On your mixer (if it’s digital) it’s now a digital return signal and feeds an AUX input.

IMG_1120

AUX output is now connected to the multiclock (plug in the middle)

IMG_1121

Clock setup is now audio in.

IMG_1122

the difficulty i had when first setting it up was having the output level suitably high enough to trigger the multiclock so it blinks. i had to fiddle around quite a bit iirc

1 Like

that includes midi notes. there is a table in the manual. what will be passed and what not

Hello there,

I understand that if I plug a Digitakt on one channel, and, let’s says, a TR-09 on another channel, I’ll be able to delay one of the two channels to get precisely sync’ed transients.

But, let’s say I don’t want to use TR-09’s sequencer, and use the Digitakt’s sequencer instead. Could I put the multiclock between the Digitakt and the TR-09 to adjust the timing of the MIDI notes sent by the Digitakt to the TR-09?

I noticed that ERM has closed down shop as of Dec. 2022. So if anyone needs a multiclock you better get it while you can! I would also probably download the manual, plugin, and the midi/wav file as well while the site is still up.

1 Like

Just went to their site and I don’t see any mention of them closing up.

Well… Shit.

I’ve never looked beyond E-rm… What other options are there for stable multiclocks?

Cheers!

Edit: apparently the erm website is sometimes redirecting people to spam websites, so if you don’t want to visit the below link see the text @haircut pasted below.

3 Likes

Happy I’ve got mine. Would never part ways with. Hope it lasts a lifetime!

3 Likes

Yeah me too now lol. Gonna baby it.

3 Likes

Nothing really is the same, but some other sync options are the expert sleepers USAMO, or the upcoming midronome.

2 Likes

This link is re-directing me to some malicious / obscene things (on mobile). It is almost as though their website is under attack. To other folks here, be cautious when visiting this link.

What it says:

29 NOV - THIS WAS E-RM

Everything will eventually come to an end. After 10 years it is time for E-RM.

But closing a company is a process. And of course our products live on. Thousands of you are entrusting them every day in professional studio life and personal music making for good reason.

For you, we continue to provide support throughout 2023 on the E-RM website. You can reach us at www.e-rm.de/contact. Repairs and spare parts are also taken care of, just get in touch with your dealer or us directly if you are in need.

Please find our official statement below.

———

Dear Reader,

We will close business on December 31st 2022 after 10 years of operation.

We would like to thank everyone who worked with us and supported the company; our customers and partners for the creative output, trust and belief in our vision, our dealers and distributors for making our products available all around the world and our suppliers for sharing their valuable experience at all times.

We hope that we have made your life easier and more inspired, like you made it for us. We learned a lot from all of you.

We are closing, but we are not gone. Maybe some product will pop up reborn somewhere else - or new stuff will come up. For sure, the ending of E-RM opens a space to start new endeavors.

Have fun!

Mitja, Philipp, Gal & Max, the team of E-RM

4 Likes

i’m a multiclock owner, but there still is SND ACME-4 Advanced Clock Management Engine $$$

1 Like

Im getting the spam on the website. Was a mac silicon version of the vst developed?

Looking to upgrade and would hate to have to give up the multiclock.

If they did one could someone kindly send it to me.

Cheers

E-RM_multiclock_plugin_v1_0_9_OSX-10_11up_VST_AU.zip (4.8 MB)

Works perfectly fine on my M1 pro Macbook pro.

Edit: In case anyone else needs anything and the website is not working for them here are all the multiclock-related files:
E-RM_multiclock_plugin_v1_0_9_OSX-10_11up_VST_AU.zip (4.8 MB)
E-RM_multiclock_plugin_v1_0_7_OSX_notarized.zip (6.4 MB)
E-RM_multiclock_plugin_v1_0_9_WIN_VST.zip (2.7 MB)
E-RM_multiclock_plugin_v1_0_7_WIN_AAX.zip (2.1 MB)
E-RM_multiclock_sample.zip (2.2 KB)
E-RM_multiclock_sync_clip.mid (815 Bytes)
E-RM_multiclock_firmware_1_0_8.zip (100.2 KB)
E-RM_multiclock_manual_EN.pdf (1.0 MB)

13 Likes

I’ve also turned the clock pulse into a Renoise instrument, if anyone’s interested. To use it, just trigger C-0 at the start of the pattern.

E-RM_multiclock.xrni (5.1 KB)

1 Like