@Eaves / Ivar Tryti’s Music

oh well, guess i have to add the A4 back onto the gas list (and i already have a DFAM) :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Loved this demo. Ive wanted an Analog Four for a long time, but never pulled the trigger. (wont do it now either as i spent too much on other stuff.) But one day!!

I think you live pretty close to me btw. Kind of fun to see that there are several people doing electronic music in these “remote” parts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! That’s awesome @thomaso :slight_smile: I’ve seen used gear for sale in plenty of remote parts of Norway too, which is pretty cool. How close? Like, Viken close or Nes close?

first time in 7 years I’ve made orchestral music (January 8th 2022)

I used to make a lot of music in FL Studio, but I got burnt out in the late 2000s. In 2019 I got my Digitakt which rekindled my interest in music in a big way. I expected that spark of inspiration to fade after a few months, but I’m still as excited to make music now, 3 years later. So I got a new laptop with the intention of making more orchestral music.

I’m using an orchestral plugin from 2005 that I slowly bought upgrades for until 2008, called “East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Play Edition”, or EWQLSO for short. I used this project to practice using FL Studio’s new features. A lot of time was spent googling how to do stuff and trying to find shortcuts and other tricks to speed up the workflow, and this is what I managed to make before running out of energy.

Thanks for watching!

8 Likes

As in just across the river. :wink:

1 Like

evidence that turns the case around (January 12th 2022)

I recently started playing The Great Ace Attorney, which is what inspired this track. I love how intense the “Pursuit” tracks are in all the Ace Attorney games that kick in right as you present the final piece of evidence that tears the witness’ testimony to shreds, turning the entire case around :smiley:

The orchestral plugin I use is EWQL Symphonic Orchestra.

Thanks for watching!

8 Likes

That’s one done…about a dozen more and we have an OST.
No pressure.

1 Like

that was a nice nap (February 21st 2022)

I haven’t made any new music for a month now because I’m still experimenting with plugins on my mastering chain. I managed to drag myself out of it for just long enough to make this track and record it. The lead, arp and bass were sampled one shots from my Analog Four, and the kick and hihat are factory samples from the Digitakt. I tried processing track 1 (kick and snare) separately from the other tracks. I set the onboard compressor’s sidechain source to track 1, then muted track 1 internally. This way track 1 triggers the compressor, but is silent on the Digitakt’s main outs. Then I sent track 1 directly to FL Studio and compressed them separately there, then summed them on the master FX channel. It’s a more involved setup than my usual stuff, but I think the results are worth the extra work. If anyone’s interested, I could make a little walkthrough video on how I do it.

All audio is coming from the Digitakt and is being processed with Tape Mello-Fi, SlickEQ, and MJUC, then mastered with SlickEQ M and Limiter 6 GE. The plugins have changed a bit from last time, but the layout is the same: a tape sim, an EQ, a compressor, and a limiter.

Thanks for watching!

8 Likes

Is Tape Mello-Fi airwindows? I’ve been really enjoying giving my A4 some VHS vibes with regular ToTape. Guess I’ll need to download the new VSTs if so! Really nice use of the A4 btw. You squeezed DN vibes out of it. Which is inspiring. GAS for gear I already have haha

I think it’s from Arturia, and was for free on December.

Ah thanks! I will check it out. Of course I missed out :upside_down_face:

Where Are My Dynamics 2 (February 28th 2022)

I’ve been playing around more with sending the drum track on the Digitakt to FL Studio to be processed separately from the melodic parts. I set the onboard compressor’s sidechain source to track 1 where the kick and snare samples are, so that everything else ducks hard. I’m also trying to make a habit of “mastering” my tracks after recording them, instead of just uploading them directly. This time I could add a dynamic EQ to the melodic parts separately because the drums were on a different track, because the Digitone got REALLY harsh while recording this track! I used SlickEQ M to do some light eq and widening, and Limiter 6 GE to get the track as loud as possible.

Thanks for watching!

4 Likes

Missing Cues (19th March 2022)

I’m still stuck making my “perfect” “mastering” template for FL Studio. After another two weeks and 20+ templates later, it turns out that I really like one of my earlier templates.

The pattern itself isn’t very complex, but I had so much fun jamming that I had to record it! Digitakt is on drums, while the Analog Four plays the bass and lead. The FX chain I used was the following:
MJUC (compressor)
Phoenix (preamp sim)
Maximus (multiband expander)
ToTape6 (tape sim)

Thanks for watching!

7 Likes

This slaps!! Wooo

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

summoning lesser demons (March 23rd 2022)

Tried doing another “summoning demons” track on the Analog Four, but without the Heat and with a beat. I had a fun time jamming, but wasn’t as happy with the results, though not so much that I abandoned it.

I’m using the same FX chain as the last track:
MJUC (compressor)
Phoenix (preamp sim)
Maximus (multiband expander)
ToTape6 (tape sim)

Thanks for watching!

4 Likes

analog arp and drums (18th April 2022)

I took a little break to play Elden Ring. It made me realize how much time I actually spend making music, now that I haven’t uploaded in a while. I gotta thank @Voltagectrlr for the inspiration, his latest Analog Four tracks are really cool and made me want to explore the arpeggiator :slight_smile: I used the Digitakt’s compressor into MJUC (for color), Phoenix (for color), Maximus (as EQ) and ToTape6 (as saturation and limiter). Thanks for watching!

11 Likes

Elden Ring has been a real productivity killer for me too. Finally got the last boss today, so gonna make some music again. Hehe

2 Likes

I’ve been doing WeeklyBeats. Post-Elden-Ring, the number of songs I’ve started composing late saturday is… greater than I’d like to admit :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve played for around 67 hours and I still have almost a third of the world map left to uncover. If I’ve even reached the borders yet, the map keeps expanding :smiley:

1 Like

alleviating gearlust by using stuff I already have (28th April 2022)

Elden Ring is still taking up all my free time, and my productivity has taken a hit because of it. I’m going to play some Elden Ring right now, actually. And the Syntakt looks really fun!

It’s been a while since I’ve used the Digitone, so I grabbed it and listened to the patterns I’ve abandoned, and found this. It was pretty much already complete, I just spent half an hour to an hour adjusting the FX chain and coming up with a track progression before hitting record.

I used Fruity Limiter (to sidechain the melodic stuff to the drums), MJUC (for color), Phoenix (for color), Maximus (as EQ) and ToTape6 (as saturation and limiter).

Thanks for watching!

8 Likes

I loved this track. I can’t work out how you’re making the bass notes work. It seems to be the one pattern so are you muting and unmuting different bass notes? (I’m referring to the Nice Nap song - I don’t really know how this forum handles replies)

1 Like