@Eaves / Ivar Tryti’s Music

Thank you very much! All the notes fit into one pattern because the bass track is set to 1/2 scale, meaning the step resolution is halved but the track length is doubled. And yeah, I’m muting individual bass notes.

100 hours later i can finally continue making music

I finally finished Elden Ring after 110-something hours, and can finally get back to making music again :slight_smile: And I can consume all the lore videos now that they won’t spoil the game for me any longer.

All audio is coming from the Digitone, and was recorded in one take. I used Fruity Limiter (to sidechain the melodic stuff to the drums), MJUC (for color), Phoenix (for color), Maximus (as EQ) and ToTape6 (as saturation and limiter).

Patrons will find the patterns on D07 and D14 on the attached project file. (I listened through old patterns and was too lazy to switch project before working on this track).

Thanks for watching!

6 Likes

welcome back! as usual, everything rocks here: sound design, song evolution, sound quality.

1 Like

There Was Gearlust But It’s Gone Now (19th May 2022)

This is my first pattern on the Syntakt that I turned into a full track. I’d write more, but I’m going back to playing with the Syntakt :slight_smile: Thank you very much Elektron for this generous gift!

All audio is coming from the Syntakt, with post processing from MJUC, Phoenix, Maximus and ToTape6. I was a lot more subtle with the settings than usual, since the Syntakt sounds great without any post processing!

31 Likes

Awesome! You so deserve it!!! Looking forward to more Syntakt stuff from you!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I’m looking forward to diving into the machines. :smiley:

2 Likes

Smart move on their part, I’m sure you’ve sold a lot of boxes for them and will continue to do so…!

6 Likes

It’s a beast of a machine, I’m really glad it found your hands!!
Well deserved gift, enjoy!!!

2 Likes

I guessed right.

I’m so happy for you.

5 Likes

I’m glad they sent you a free one @Eaves! I’ve commented on some of your videos before but a lot of your videos are why I have the takt and tone.

3 Likes

Don’t thank Elektron bro. They owe you.

1 Like

Generally one tries to be gracious about gifts…

1 Like

Well deserved. Considering how many Digitakts, Digitones, and Analog 4’s you have certainly inspired people to buy (or not sell on the 2nd hand market) I expect Elektron will get a very good return on their investment.

Edit: ha posted before reading that I just repeated every other comment.

1 Like

I always enjoy your music. Happy to see/hear you grooving on a Syntakt!

:fire: :cool:

2 Likes

To validate this fact… Ivar is the only person that convinced me to get the Digitone. We seem to do similar things as well. Got an A4 / Heat seemingly around the same time. Decided to process more in the box after the Heat. Use similar plugins.

We both do software/like indie games. I’d say that’s mostly why :sweat_smile: (other than the music of course)

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, everyone :smiley:

fountain savepoint (24th May 2022)

Playing around with the SY TOY machines. I made a little snes era jrpg loop the other day, then added the drums today and recorded the results. The kicks on the Syntakt can become HUGE thanks to the FX track. Ducking everything else under the kick is so satisfying :slight_smile:

All audio is coming from the Syntakt, running through the following plugins at practically init settings:
MJUC (compressor)
Phoenix (preamp sim)
Maximus (multiband expander)
TDR SlickEQ M (equalizer)
ToTape6 (tape sim)

15 Likes

So, so good. I love how all the sounds take up just the right amount of space. Sounds great. Nice and mellow.

2 Likes

Has a Ryuchi Sakamoto vibe to it. You definitely are the most talented Elektron musician here.

3 Likes

Thank you very much @Synthtastic and @sabana! I really appreciate the kind words :slight_smile:

are there mistakes if no one notices (26th May 2022)

Exploring the chord machine. I used it for the chords on track 6 and lead on track 7. I didn’t expect to like it as much as I did, because I prefer to punch in my notes one at a time. It’s very flexible, especially with LFOs assigned to chord/osc balance!

The title came from 1:58, where I forgot to queue the next pattern and had to play the same 32 steps again. That mistake served the track after all, I think!

All audio is coming from the Syntakt, running through the following plugins at practically init settings:
MJUC (compressor)
Phoenix (preamp sim)
Maximus (multiband expander)
ToTape6 (tape sim)

Thanks for watching!

8 Likes