Electronic/Sythesized Hip Hop/Rap Beat challenge

I really dig this. I have to say, I didn’t at first. But as it played it grew on me. Now I’m busting flows over it and it’s really nice. I think this is classy af.

1 Like

Sorry for the cross-post, but thought this was in the neighborhood. DN only.

8 Likes

Gritty and ominous atmosphere, feels very organic, nice!

1 Like

Love it man ! Really cool vibe, remember me of Zero 7 / Air !

How do you manage your tracks ?
I struggle to dedicate a track to hi-hat, I usually use one for chords, one for bass, one for drum and one for soloing lead

1 Like

Thanks man.

Hats are on their own track for this one. BD and snare on another. Every project is different, though. I really don’t have a set way of managing tracks, probably should. Ha!

I freakin love Zero 7. And Air.

Those two bands defined me during a time.

@Kegeratorz haha not necessary, you do you.
I was just curious since it’s the main limitation of the DN for me (specially since I have it in keyform, it’s such a pleasure to write leads and chord progression and perform solo with it, I’m in love, anyway…)
… the 4 tracks, and having a p-lock drum track makes it so static.

@BLKrbbt oh yeah, I discovered them not so long ago, 2 years or so, I’m thankful for my former roomate being a huge vinyl collector/french touch expert/really good musician/passionate and sharing guy.
Those two groups in particular brings me to the world of synthetizer

Also this masterpiece, not really hip-hop but… still wanna share it :

4 Likes

I read something about Geezer Butler being inspired by Mars bringer of War when writing Black Sabbath so I thought I’d see what I can come up with and I came up with this:

A continuation of my strange obsession with 5/4 hiphop

All done with Dune 3 and the Bitwig drum machines.

Edit: Tweaked as the mix was too kick heavy

7 Likes

That’s nice man, infectious little rhythm, takes off properly when the bass kicks in :blush::+1:

1 Like

Here’s a little number I did on Jamuary 5th featuring Micromonsta 2 and Digitakt. Most drum sounds are sampled from Tanzmaus. I’m posting my Jamuary stuff weekly on my bandcamp and this is today’s upload.

7 Likes

so much better hearing from an actual recording…

great way to not burn content on just Jamuary

i like the breakdown part!

1 Like

This one wins. So nasty.

I mean, everything in this thread is legit but wowsers.

2 Likes

Thanks Matt! I had a good time with that one and am fairly pleased with it too :0)

2 Likes

I keep coming back to this man. It’s so numchuckin nasty. Work it boi! :kissing_heart:

Boy have I been sleeping on this thread! :exploding_head:
Just updated our bi-weekly post as I had no idea this was still going strong!

Lots of gems here, great concepts and tracks :beers:

3 Likes

A little silly thingie to keep the thread alive…

Drumcomputer / NA Generate / Fors Opal / Tape mello Fi

9 Likes

That’s not silly. :eye::eye:
My eyes are brown though

1 Like

Then i failed and must return to work !
Thanks !

Love that mate get some dub delay on that snare stat :muscle: :+1::grin:

2 Likes

I need to jump back on this thread, I keep forgetting it’s here than someone comes with the heat and I’m like whaaatttt?!

4 Likes