Elektron Pattern Clips! Now with Arrangement Mode!

FYI! It works with the Models!

It was a little concerning because it didn’t happen immediately(probably due to my ineptitude).

On Model -Turn program change on, set program change channel to 16

and then in pattern clips- just set it to Program Change.

So glad I finally got to try tis thing out! Thanks again!

2 Likes

If Bitwig will support MaxforLive some Day, then yes…but unfortunately it’s restricted to Ableton.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Oh okay… Well, anyway, i figured out how to make Bitwig work like i want to, with pattern changes so i´m all set anyway… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How did you get this to work in Bitwig? I’m a big bitwig and elektron fan :). thanks @mbang

2 Likes

i’m using it with Octatrack but it stopped after a couple of bars. It work fine with Digitone and the Digitakt.
Anyone can help me with that!!

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 1.19.35 PM|121x382

Now all bars playig correctly… except that now it’s drifting! :frowning:

I just wanna say a BIG THANK YOU!

this saved me a lotta headaches I had with Ableton and automating the pattern changes on my Syntakt via program change messages. Ableton just doesn’t handle them well and your tool shows that!

<3

PS: however it doesn’t work in “Overbridge-Mode” for me in Ableton, here I can only precisely start/change/stop things via Scene change on my Push 2. Just switching between different clips directly only works when the tool is set to “Pattern Change-Mode” and for safety I set the PC channel to 16 on my Syntakt.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Thanks for the appreciation :slight_smile:

This is sooooo long overdue for an update. Sorry about that.
There are some changes in Ableton 11 that messed up the scene change functionality.

The whole thing depends on Pattern Clips seeing that the clips are “armed” to play. When they added the new follow actions for scenes, they stopped arming all of the clips as well.

So I know that scene changes are partially broken but they are working for you. I really need to dig back into this thing :joy:

I don’t think anything should have broken
Overbridge vs PC mode though…. Hmmm :thinking:

I’ll think about it and get back to you.

Either way, I think I might be getting back into some Max stuff again soon. Probably make the new improved version of this I have planned. Write the patch from almost scratch kind of update.

Might make a donation option on the new one when I do it. I’ll still have it be free with the option for those who can afford to help support it. That will force me to keep it updated because I’ll feel obligated. I have to trick myself to do things sometimes :joy:

Stay tuned, but be patient :wink:

3 Likes

Sorry I missed you earlier :confused:

Drifting shouldn’t have to do with my device. I’m glad you were able to get it working at least. Computer midi clock is rarely solid (sometimes you’re lucky).

It’s expensive but totally worth never having sync issues again.

ERM Multiclock

1 Like

+1 to donation bucket! I’d happily support an update.

1 Like

Is there a way for me to work around this with my other synths?
The too suffer from “program change disease” as in:
sometimes the first note gets scrambled or wont play at all if a clip has a pattern change AND a note event right at the beginning of a clip

I found that manually delaying it just a fraction does help, tho it’s not very practical really.

:slight_smile:

Thanks so much for this. Using it with a Model:Samples & is working. Super, super useful. Thanks so much for your ingenuity working this out & then sharing it! Much appreciated. Having it synced with the new Opal device from Fors & it’s like having two elektron boxes

Hi! Any update with this? I’d love to be able to use clips to launch my rytm patterns but this doesn’t seem to be working in the way I’d expect… maybe I’m not doing follow actions right but it seems to be randomly playing certain patterns twice, some once, regardless of how long I set the follow action… It seems like I need to make the clip before the target the length of the pattern its about to play? Kindof?

Tres confused.

My dyslexia might be getting in the way, a video of how to use this in session view would be an amazing help!

Hey @Airyck, just found out about this M4L device and it seemed to solve my pattern changing issues I had with my set using the Digitone and Digitakt with Overbridge. Absolutely awesome work, great explanation for setup and super straight forward. Big thanks for this! :green_heart: Any way I can throw a couple of bucks your way to say thanks?

2 Likes

Hello did you find a solution in bitwig since?