Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

I see this as a massive drumroll, i just hope the reveal comes before the drummer loses their arms :joy:

2 Likes

i think this thread will be over 2k before we know (i have zero knowledge btw), so all the more reason to let it flow ā€¦it could be a long haul

1 Like

Again another form factor modification ! :exploding_head:

9 Likes

Guys I figured it outā€¦ itā€™s gonna be an analog metronome.

6 Likes

I think iā€™m glad i started this thread ( i am ). It was diversion, for off topic posts everywhere else, so this being a long off-topic thread seems in keeping with a tradition.

Iā€™ve tried to be informative, but that is very hard when there is so little information.

Another bit of solid info from someone would be ultra-useful.

Added ā€œTrademarkā€ to thread title, 'cuz thatā€™s what this all stems from.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know if it would, but a drum machine kind of needs a song mode to function as a drum machine.

Couldnā€™t one person just make a couple
of accounts and basically censor whatever they want? or is it really loads of people flagging? There canā€™t really be that many people in here bothered right now surely

2 Likes

Donā€™t give Uli anymore ideas

5 Likes
3 Likes

syn is three lettersā€¦ cup is three letters

:exploding_head:

5 Likes

Its a box that lets you confess all your synthesizer sins.

1 Like

The Sinthesizer? Or does that make new sins for you? :grimacing:

1 Like

In my hands it would surely also create new sins lol

1 Like

364 speculative messages ā€¦ Iā€™m out of here

5 Likes

Manual sync, battery power, three modes. Thatā€™s all we need.

1 Like

And cycle control ! Perhaps Model Sample control in future up date.

Meta-speculation!!

1 Like
o-t response

thereā€™s lots of reasons for flagging - i think the main one is that threads easily derail, that matters when itā€™s about solutions, but less so here - the other issue is being excited by a topic and arriving to find that itā€™s a bit of a goofy reply with no connection to the topic - in this context itā€™s clear that weā€™re all excited, thereā€™s no substance yet - so it naturally meanders and the topic will be finito the moment thereā€™s any real news - itā€™s had more flags than any recent topic and normally these are good natured and fun - i ended up muting it but the flags kept bringing it back along - iā€™ve unmuted now - hoping the inline request will change expectations about what is okay to post here - itā€™s essentially a throwaway topic - itā€™s gonna be what itā€™s gonna be - iā€™m not sure why folk get so bothered about the substance of this and the topic hygiene - the trouble with processing flags is that it in turn just creates more (lots were allowed to slide, but then it snowballs) - lots of people have flagged for whatever reasons, but as mentioned- having this discussed here is a buzzkill for most - letā€™s swing it back to speculation and bants etc - we are all equally invested in this - and itā€™s only speculation after all - but talk of flags etc is not what folk are tuning in for

there have been people creating burner accounts to post stuff - but theyā€™re quite obvious and usually get flagged ironically

letā€™s move on :thup:

i hope Elektron produce a curve-ball, itā€™s best if none of us can guess right imho - itā€™d be kinda sad if they became predictable or rested on their laurels too much - theyā€™ve delivered so far imho and i think the direction was right (most donā€™t), but you canā€™t please everyone - song modes are an anathema to me, but i donā€™t see them producing a device with no screen or presets (or OB) any time soon which would be refreshing imho - they strike the balance quite well with what you can do with some immediacy from scratch but itā€™s not teh same as wysiwyg

something with some fun cv chops added would be very nice if weā€™re back to speculating - even just having a crude sync option to drive the sequencer, mix things up a bit

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a good point, i love being sold stuff i didnā€™t know i needed! Synth/musicwise anywaysā€¦ if itā€™s a fridge iā€™m out. I thinkā€¦

Maybe itā€™s a sync host with dual restartable intersyncable/beatmatchable host parts for running two side by side setups? That would be cool

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s just an alternate name for the digitakt to sell in markets where thatā€™s trademarked alreadyā€¦