Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

If “synt” is MM and “takt” is MDUW, that would make a nice ultimate groovebox.
^^

13 Likes

If there is a new device then I think it’s a safe bet it won’t be anything like that.

Elektron to me feel like they’re more profit focussed than ever. The market for such a device would be minuscule even at Model range prices. At their mid or “flagship” range? Forget it.

If it did materialise however, then at least I could sleep easy knowing my wallet would be safe.

2 Likes

While I’m really all for more automatable mixers, even eight stereo tracks Is only just barely enough (assuming you can split them to mono), unless you’ve got additional returns for FX chains. Twelve stereo would be comfortable.

1 Like

While I agree that more is more, 4 stereo pairs For in and out (I guess they could be programmable, either in or out so you could use all 8 stereo pairs as inputs with USB audio) would be more than enough for live use, which is what I’d see this device work best for.

Yeah, even the Bluebox is a really tight fit for me, running stuff in in mono and chaining external inputs. Four stereo would be a non-starter.

1 Like

Lets hope they are making it with more inputs and outputs, then!

1 Like

It has a cycle control!
Maybe an evolution of model cycles? :thinking:

1 Like

The idea of MD or/and MnM on Digi format seduce me since I see the first teasers from model:cycles, cause in that moment I guessed that!
Even cycles is a cool machine, I would prefer the Digi format. And, is it possible, elektron has the knowhow to make it. A selection of machines from MD and MnM for a DigiDrum or Syntakt or whatever it’ll be called would be awesome. And I guess a hyped product for sure.

Digital drum synth like the MD, with SSI VCF and VCA per track. One can dream…

The only thing I know is that it will have a protective film.

6 Likes

Let’s hope and pray : )

1 Like

What about the Roland MX-1? The only limitation is that its USB ports are limited to AIRA devices.

Think about step sequencing all mix parameters including effects…

4 Likes

I guess you’re familiar with the Spazedrum?

https://www.gotharman.dk/spazedrum.htm

2 Likes

I was NOT! Thank you @Schnork

Man, this is cool…

1 Like

Yeah, I’d like to see something like this from Elektron, after all, their machines are built for live performances, and their DT/DN line would most certainly benefit from it.

1 Like

MX-1 is a neat device, but not exactly what I mean. I’d like to be able to use a device to sequence external synths that then send their audio back into the same device, that I can then EQ, add effects, and mix. Being able to look down at, and interact with, the same hardware machine to do both those things just seems ideal.

1 Like

Basically an OT mixer without the OT? +1 for me. There aren’t many performance mixers as pointed out by someone and it seems like a category that’s wide open for innovation. Most of the battle mixers out there are for DJing and not for boxes.

There’s the Korg SQ64. Not exactly what you described but has interesting sequencing controls.

4 Likes

Maybe more like a xone 96 with fx, built in looper per channel, and the midi sequencing of the Octatrack, but polyphonic.

1 Like

So basically an overbridge-in-a-box with a mixer/controller?

1 Like

I’ve never used overbridge, but I suppose maybe that’s one way of looking at it. It would just be cool to sequence external stuff and then have the audio shaping right there too. MC-707 can get close to this concept, but it only has two stereo inputs and no midi LFOs (and minimal cc knobs).