Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

Nah, the black rytm Mkii was released not long ago. Sold out doesn’t mean much as it happens every now and then :slight_smile: .

This is, if it is indeed something that is, a new product entirely. And pretty obvious it’s a drum synth, like rytm but probably digital since it is a takt and without the sampling. So really nothing like a rytm.

A digital hang drum maybe.

4 Likes

Mum?

10 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Meh… I’m still holding out for the AnalTone reveal :moneybag:

5 Likes

Almost 600 posts here and nothing in the memes thread? That’s disapointing :thinking:

1 Like

Happy now?

2 Likes

Thanks that’s nice of you

3 Likes

fans of celine dion will be very happy

6 Likes

Instant buy !

I take it you don’t own an Analog Heat…

Hah, I was quoted but anonymously? Not that I care, really, but it’s nice to see my jokes are good enough to get stolen

That’s my photoshop hahaha [OT/Mono]
My Syntakt job was sloppyAF :frowning:

3 Likes

im actually incredibly invested in this thread. my setup relies heavily on at minimum, at least one synth-based elektron box for sequencing and portable groovebox sketchpad-ing. if i could get a digitone with a subtractive/va synth, all my problems in life would be solved.

so im hoping it’s not a drum machine. i like to imagine this thread was conjured up by an undercover elektron employee to figure out what their next box should be. so i suggest we all ask for a virtual analog dn/poly a4 (a8) in digi format so they have no choice

1 Like

Doubt it, its not called Syntone

1 Like

I’d absolutely love a drum synth in digi form factor for my setup. insta buy

I don’t get why people want another digi form factor device. Things are cramped. Models are way better ergonomically speaking.

Digi series are more hifi soundwise, with more headroom. Incomparable in this regard, IMO.
Model series are fun (well, I’ve only tried the Cycles), but Digi series are my favorite when it comes to bringing them outside the studio.
Digi footprint is better than Analog series, and they are rather comparable when it comes to features.

I would personally have some use for a Digi MD.

9 Likes

Yeah, we used to call him that, but his Octatrack review has now made him more known as “That guy that went on about the OT converters to sell his own shit”.

But Stimming, he was a great musician. Whatever happened to him, by the way?

4 Likes

I guess the market has changed as the years have gone by. Today, a lot of people are looking to explore electronic music and cheap devices are a way in. 15 years ago, you’d have to be really into production to even consider something like a machine drum or mono machine. So I can see whatever they do next targeting that mass appeal approach. I must admit I had a mini heart attack when I saw their ‘model:citizens’ post today. Thought it was a new box haha. But I think the Syntakt could go either way, either Digi or Octa form factor.

It could also just be an app, like Transfer, that enables firmware / SaaS loads or something.

2 Likes

My guess is the hashtag thing is teasing that Models are getting some updates since I just sold mine and need something new to regret.

8 Likes