Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

Did someone already mention a dedicated sequencer? Like the elektron box to rule them all and in the DAW combine them?

I will stand by…the latest iteration of the MD in the mid ‘DIGI’ footprint size.

it has to be…any time I consider selling something, a new version comes out basically devaluing what I have…so that has to be it.

5 Likes

I’ve been out of elektron world for a while now, but if the new product is a digi MD, it might break the damn for me to fall back into it and buy all three digis new.

My #1 favorite gear is a tie between MD(despite being a now cumbersome workflow) and DT(despite its “limited” features).

I just hope they announce this hypothetical product AFTER I get my M8, because I’m not made of money…

3 Likes

I mean come on man…the oldie is pulling 3.5k sometime 4k. why wouldn’t they. I hope they dont. a classic should remain a classic. people should innovate, not reiterate.

but like I said…I was planning on selling…so with that…it must be an MD.
god I hope that isn’t the case

1 Like

IF, and I mean IF, they were to make a MD-like machine- then it would only be comparable from a very high level(akin to saying the model cycles is a new machinedrum)

The sound would be wildly different, the workflow would be wildly different.

The (new machine) wouldn’t have the inherent charm that the MD has, it would have its own identity.

The value of your MD will still hold because nothing can or will replace it

3 Likes

Am I the only one that feels like an all-digital drum synth would be a bit… unambitious at Digi- series prices, when Elektron has already shown they can put out an excellent digital percussion synth on the cheap? Of course any E drum machine is more than just a drum machine, but it still feels like it might be tough to stake out a distinct middle ground between the AR and MC.

8 Likes

too bad Ess doesn’t work at Elektron, would be cool to have his take on karplus-strong as a machine in the syntakt. He’s giving it away for free as a m4l plugin and it sounds great.

4 Likes

surely it’s a generic digi-format synth for which any 3rd party developer can create custom synth engines. each voice has fixed filter, amp and LFO pages (copied directly from the Digitone) but leaves two double-sided pages (a maximum of 4x8 parameters) for the developers to use as they please.

yes this has to be it

2 Likes

The form factor of the MKII AR and A4 is absolutely beautiful. There is no doubt in my mind that they’re not done making things in that box. A Syntakt as a rebirth of the MD. A Syntone as a rebirth of the MM. An Övertrack as a rebirth of the OT. All with new twists and turns as they evolve from the roots of their ancestors. All in that beautiful aluminum enclosure. What a master collection those 5 would be.

11 Likes

The Syntakt will be a digital representation of a digital synth I just know it.

1 Like

Can’t help but feel that whatever it is, it will be disappointing in some way. Elektron lost two important figures recently, and at least one of them left because of some philosophical disagreement with the direction Elektron is heading. I’m keeping expectations low, but I’m happy to be surprised by whatever they end up doing next.

2 Likes

My dream is Syntakt is a new pair for the Octatrack. Like, I hope it’s the same size as the OT. And in my dreams they’re next to each other, OT doing tweaks, resampling, Syntakt equal duties as lead beats and pads and great food for the OT with its sweet, plum Func button

I hope it’s at least a 6 track

5 Likes

Yeah, you’re right, Octatrack marks sort of a transition from Monomachine/Machinedrum concept to the Analogs and the term Dark Trinity is not endorsed by Elektron. It makes sense, though. I have OT, AK and AR and from all the gear I have/had, those three really form a unit like no other.

Btw, there’s a nice section in the Octatrack manual:

3 Likes

this better be something more interesting than the Waldorf M, the Super 6 Desktop, the Jomox Mod Fm, the Hydra Explorer, the Tip top Buchla, and the Gotharman Urano, and the Erica Perkons

maybe it was a smart move to wait until after superbooth, but thats a lot of exciting news to contend with

i was considering the Jomox Fm synth for a moment but i think i’ll stick with the DN for the time being. That’s a hard one to beat (unless you got a Digi-MNM coming soon)

1 Like

My guess and what seems the most logical step for them to take;
8 voice Drum Synthesizer. Digitakt format + GUI

Why? Less investment and less risk hardware wise, because the hardware is there and works well. Digitakt is very well received and is still selling pretty well I think.
If they add some classic machines form the MD + some newly interesting ones, why this can’t be a commercial success? I think there’s a lot of interest in such a drum synth.
There’s quite a lot interesting VST drumsynths, like Sonic Charge’s MicroTonic, SugarBytes’s Drumcomputer, but what I am missing is something similar as hardware.
Norddrum come’s close, but has no sequencer. Korg’s Volca’s are well eh fun toys…
Erica Synths/Sonic Portion’s LXR-02 come’s close but is still far off Elektron’s sequencer.

Of course I am speaking for myself, but I think there’s a bunch of people out there who feel the same. I’ve owned both the MD Sps-1 mk1 and UW mk2 - I really liked those machines, but I had far more fun with the Digitakt alone. At least compared to the UW (concering loading samples via midi etc)

I really dig it’s form factor (same for the Digitone) It’s compact, has a VESA mount (yep mounting mine on my tripod so I can sit, stand wherever, whatever I want and drop some beats…) it is affordable and it does a lot… really a lot, but it’s all based on samples, which is certainly good fun, but I also really like synthesizers…

Anyway I want a pure drum synth, which your can start designing your own sounds, without first having to load samples. Just building sounds from scratch, start twisting the knobs, exploring new worlds, GUI wise it’s focus should be drums, percussion etc. I want something like a mix between the MD SPS-1, MicroTonic, SugarBytes’s drumcomputer and the Norddrum - a good sounding fun to play with drum synthesizer - in the Digitakt format.

10 Likes

Elektron just updated their fb store, the “machines” section now says 9 machines, but only 8 are visible

25 Likes

nervous

23 Likes

Scrap that, they just added the Digitone Keys :cry:

4 Likes

LOL good one Elektron

3 Likes

It’s not logical.
DiGITAKT is an imitation of a drum machine. With the inscriptions KICK, SNARE, TOM…
The most logical thing would be to make a reincarnation of MONOMACHINE in the DT corpus.
Or do something that has been waiting for a long time.
SYNTAKT=OVERBRIDGE for OCTATRACK.
Or something new. But in the OCTATRACK bundle.
They need to consolidate the OCTA sales market.

2 Likes