Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

So here’s what I would like to see:

• 4 part digital drum synth
• global effects in the style of Digitakt AND Digitone (master compressor)
• 2 lfos and envelopes per track
• lfos and envelopes can modulate other tracks including global effects (like a4)
• 4 velocity sensitive pads for finger drumming and track selection (right where the track selection buttons are on the Digitone)
• 4 cv in for cv/trigger/gate for eurorack integration, freely assignable like the lfos and envelopes.
•sync in and out
• midi I/o/t
•overbridge and class compliant usb audio
•performance mode (scenes on each sequencer step button, press and change parameter to add a performance scene, no cap on amount, looking at you Rytm)
•stereo input and output
•4 seperate outs if it would fit (probably not, this is extra sauce that I could live without

I would purchase this. Cause personally I don’t think the amount of voices are that important, it’s rather what you can do with them…

Edit: looking at the back of Digitone it looks really packed already so maybe if it was possible to put tge 4 cv in on the front panel…

I would like to make it clear that, my departure from Elektron is not related to those reasons.
I already made my statement when leaving and tried to be as clear as I can be to the Elektronauts community, and thats where it ends. :slight_smile:

58 Likes

Thanks for clarifying Mr. Dataline!

I will stop adding to the rumor mill!

3 Likes

model cycles?

3 Likes

I do hope whatever it is they increase the modulation features compared to their more recent releases.
maybe an easily accessible mod matrix. more lfo’s, more destinations. modernise the sequencer - random note input, note shuffle, scales, euclidean, p-lockable arp, p-lockable fx, performance mode etc.

2 Likes

P-lockable mod matrix^^ Also accessible via modulation/midi cc.

3 Likes

now yer talkn :sunglasses::partying_face:

1 Like

There we have it… that the key to fully making it nuts!

1 Like

Correct.
In would add: entry level target and very limited features compared to takt or the old MD.

1 Like

would be cool of they could decouple p-locks from trigs, so you could make plock pattern a different length than the pattern, making em affect different trigs each cycle. sort of free running p-lock vibe.

3 Likes

Would just like to remind everyone that it could be centuries until it comes to fruition… :joy:

29 Likes

wonder if the saas model stuff will see a drop here. subscription plan for more machines leik, sound packs etc

Yeah I think this. The naming conventions means it shouldn’t be an all new device convention, it should be an alternate take on the Digitakt- for example if it were a digital vocoder or similar it should be calle DigiSyn or DigiVox.

So yeah, I call analogue small form factor drum machine, to be followed by SynTone, small analogue Synth.

4 Likes

How fun (and frightening !) this thread must be when you’re an elektron insider.

8 Likes

Since synth in Swedish is synt we are clearly dealing with something synthesizer here!

How cool would it be with another Digi format box!

1 Like

What are the chances of it being Silver

100%. With a little help.

6 Likes

I say one more thing about this…

One of my absolute favorite things to do is to modulate BPM with an envelope… this is one of the reasons I love using pulsar 23 with eurorack modules…

Send the envelope of the BD to the clock modulation and then send the clock to a eurorack sequencer… longer releases makes for wonkier swing on the track and it adds this really nice organic vibe to a jam…

Polyend tracker is close to doing this since BPM is one of the effects, but it’s not as organic since it is not reacting to an envelope…

This is something I would love to see being implemented more on sequencers.

6 Likes

yes please.
the once forward thinking elektron sequencer is not so forward thinking anymore

4 Likes

But still ahead in many aspects. What Elektron needs is more competition.

4 Likes