Elektron x Loop Cloud

Do you know if we can use LoopCloud just for that matter (so without subscription)?

…hey…it’s ALL FOR FREE…at first…so .come in, find out…ur daily distraction advisor can show u the way…eeeeeeaaasyyyyyylyyyyyyyy…

3 Likes

You’ll need a subscription as far as I know. IMO it’s worth using the first 2 months free from Elektron, setting a reminder to cancel before you need to pay. Even if you don’t download a single sample, the sample library management, tagging, audio editing, automatic timestretch and transfer is great. I’ve been using it tons the last few days, it’s really improved my workflow. People acting sniffy about it are clowning themselves.

3 Likes

Having spent countless (30+) years getting my clarinet intonation and my conga slaps and speed somewhat right, I consider any form of sequenced electronic music making comparatively “low effort”. But I like it anyway…

4 Likes

the effort is not really the thing, it’s the talent you put on top.

Endroducing … or countless other sample-based masterpieces.

Sure, anyone can create a collage of samples from loopcloud and arrange them in ableton. It might even sound very good … and if it does, and other people listen and enjoy it - that’s talent!

I’m sure ChatGP will soon arrange it for you. That’s talent too.

Or use a torso and you’ll find a happy accident and then build it out.

After a while, the whole world will be doing it with ease. And in order to distinguish yourself you need a little bit more talent or luck to go with it…

Either way, it’s fun, brings enjoyment and just because it is easy doesn’t make it any less valid.

None of these can compete of course with a microphone, voice and guitar played live in a one take.
Others like programmed techno with dub delays. It’s all just fun.

Where the cringe starts is those who seek to create a hierarchy of validity. Their method of funmaking being superior to others as though it is some sort of competition. We know who the conceited fool in that equation is.

6 Likes

I fully agree, and that’s basically the point I tried to make above - arguing about the artistic merit of anything by looking at the effort that went into it misses the point…

1 Like

I’d add - in today’s unstable, ambiguous, fragile world … what can be better than people jumping into a very pleasant alternative reality and making some heartwarming fun with some loops and a digitakt.

I might start a new religion or political movement.

The People’s Liberation Front of Easy Loop Producers or… the Easy Loop Production People’s Liberation Front

5 Likes

Especially when they are dismissing the very real effort involved. The years of work that go into making songs that sound good made with samples or even loops.

1 Like

Can’t join that cause in reality it ain’t easy, pal.

Splitter! :rofl:

3 Likes

I thought they were the People’s Easy Liberation of Loop Producers Front?

3 Likes

…the net desease increase…now avaialable also here…

…taking quotes out of context…
…no need to check on sources…
…skipping details…no need to read it all to have opinion…
…headlines only will do enough for justice…
…let’s find something that can make me act and feel offended today…

…low effort lifestyle is trendy…comes soo handy…where’s my candy…

and nope…it’s defenitly the loop producers front of people easy lineration front…period.
end of “discussion”…don’t dare to offend meeeeeeeeeeee…

4 Likes

Y’all should let it go! This is about Elektron and their new role out.

2 Likes

I tried DT / Loopcloud for a few hours, that’s so fun !
It’s very well integrated, so inspiring and fast to choose a sample, make it match the right tone and timing and feed the DT in 2 seconds.
I’m pretty old school about samples and usualy never use pre made loops or samples packs (exept for drums), but i think i will change my mind with this!

4 Likes

…no matter who, no matter what, no matter when or where…humour is a survival skill.

1 Like

I remember spending days in E-jay where everything was pre made loops.
had fun, real fun.
who cares where the sounds coming from?
it’s what you do with them that counts.
aren’t the packs available for any elektron device is the same easy candy?
isn’t having presets at all is cheating?
so who cares if it’s just easier to upload them to your sampler/synth?
isn’t song mode makes it easier to create?
isn’t filters should not be part of FM synthesis?
isn’t Overbridge a cheat for the machines?
it does not matter, let people have fun and create however they prefer.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if it’s possible to take advantage of the free 2 months if you already have a registered account (but not a subscription)?

After a few rounds of resetting my password to regain access, I keep receiving the same 14-day free trial, even after following their link for Elektron users to receive 2 months free.

I’ll send a message to their support if nobody else has encountered this

There’s ElkHerd for digitakt project + pattern + sample management. Atm only compatible up to DT OS 1.4 though.

First you have to chose a subscription plan and then when you pay, you have the promo code for the 2 free months :wink:

2 Likes

Can’t you already import/export projects and samples and sounds via transfer?