Elektron x Loop Cloud

What is the promo code, because it’s not showing up for me

If you followed the link for the Elektron users, it will appear at the payment step (“promo code : 2 free months” or something like this).

1 Like

That’s exactly what’s not showing up for me.

Following their links, starting with the Elektron offer (and I am signed in) it takes me to a 14-day trial only.

No promo code, and it no longer mentions Elektron, even if I go back to the link for Elektron users.

strange, maybe try on another device / browser

Thank you, I have already started the free subscription. Really like it so far but I think I will cancel at the end of the 2 months as it is already very easy to sample from computer to DT.

Can I use loop cloud to do what elk herd does? Elkherds obviously better, I’d prefer to pay him for his one but I’m in a jam no pun intended I have gigs here need to arrange my set.

It’s wild there are ppl on this thread acting outraged and negative that a company they liked added something to a product they already liked and now, for some reason, it’s fouled this product for them — what!? — and that those same ppl have time to talk down to other ppl who aren’t their idea of artist, literally who cares. Artists speak with art. Comments aren’t art, comments about nonsense are surely not better than other ppl’s loops. Go make music; you’ll all be happier.

3 Likes

I wish all those posts could be moved to the new thread specifically on that topic, leaving this thread purely about the new integration feature.

But I suppose it won’t happen retrospectively. Mods ?

3 Likes

Just in case anyone runs into the same problem that they can’t use the free 2 months for Elektron users, contact them via support https://help.loopmasters.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I couldn’t find their contact page without a separate web search, so I linked it above.

They added a 2-month trial to my account, so I’m all sorted.

1 Like

Please feel free to correct me!! The difference (from reading the Elk-Herd feature list) is that LoopCloud has a focus on loops.

Where there’s overlap (sample organization, finding unused samples), I’m guessing it is going to be better in Elk-Herd.

What’s nice about Loopcloud is being able take the sections you want of a file and then add them to DT.

Basically, Loopcloud acts as a beat matched sample editor.
It has tools I think are gimmicky (like adding effects before dropping to DT), but where it could be useful is just being able to select loop-able segments from tracks to then add to DT.

I keep excerpts (or try to) of tracks I work on so I can come back to it later. This would make it easy to grab an even smaller section that I might want to play with on DT and turn into something else.

For this, it’s faster than using a DAW (opening, editing, exporting and then using Transfer).

Got the same ! It would be nice to buy it once, and not have to subscribe for months.

Posting this in case anybody experiences the same problem I’ve had:

Okay, I contacted Loopcloud support and looks like the reason I can’t get a 2 months trial is simply because I already have an account. Basically I’m being punished because I created an account there 2 weeks ago to BUY a sample pack from them (I don’t have a subscription and I did not apply for one, I simply bought a whole pack).

The support person suggested (if I can send them a proof of purchase for a Digitakt, WTF?) I can subscribe for a month and they’d add 2 months free to my account but…

Overall very unpleasant (potential) customer experience. Because of this silly technical constraint, they failed to convert a Splice user to Loopcloud.

EDIT: I don’t know if it was a “deliberate” misunderstanding or not but eventually when I stated that it wouldn’t be a trial if I pay for a month first, they suggested me starting a brand new 2 week trial for loopcloud and they’d add 2 months (+credits) to my account so we’re trying that now.

https://help.loopmasters.com/hc/en-us/articles/13704078031124-How-do-I-connect-my-Digitakt-to-Loopcloud-

2 Likes

I haven’t tried this yet - just wondering if the purge unused samples from project memory is only possible with a loopcloud subscription (after any free trial obvs)?

Just ran into this issue last week before all this was announced. Was hoping to find that feature!

You can do this on the device, from global settings, samples browser menu, no need for third party tools, buts it’s nice to have the feature in loopcloud if you’re out of space when trying to copy stuff over.

3 Likes

it’s a bit silly that you can’t trigger Loopcloud transport from the Digitatk (or vice versa)… not great for auditioning loops…

or am I missing how you do this?

User error would not be totally unexpected.

1 Like

Why do you need to install Overbridge to integrate looploud with the Digitakt?

Thanks

I think it is in a way just a front end/GUI for Overbridge?

This is so no-Elektron which always focused with its workflow and their machines on individual creator, master of the ideas and his tools. To be original composer, creator.

Now with Loopcloud they move to loop based player area - garage band, apple loops etc. Using somebody else’s work. Way off to Elektron’s dna so to speak.

Have to echo the same sentiment Ty on SonicState said last week. You do not need Elektron replaying somebody elses work. Stay within Live, Logic.

This one is NOT for me. This announcement just left me confused with direction they might go.

1 Like

Surely elektron have sold sound packs since back when they released the machinedrum?

Then Octatrack, digitakt, model samples etc all had sample packs and the other gear had preset packs. All other peoples work

This isn’t much different, just modernised

Like the existing packs people can choose if to use them or not

9 Likes