Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #10: When We Were 10

Today’s the last day. You’ve still got time

2 Likes

Cooking something up now!

4 Likes

I really wanted to do this one but have had two last minute trips come up in the last 10 days.
I thought the deadline was this Sunday, not today, so I’m going to struggle to get something in. I will try.

Current view:

6 Likes

Just sent mine, as usual I already prefer one of the other versions where I used a different sample that I didn’t end up finishing but that’s life lol

Looking forward to hearing em all

3 Likes

same.

4 Likes

Oh definitely man! It’s the first thing I’ve done since the last battle so just good to make something :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I think I was able to dm my file to @waftlord, let me know if that worked! Looking forward to listening to all the ways these got flipped. The 10 sound limit was definitely a fun challenge.

3 Likes

Yo @Sleepyhead and @CCMP if y’all need a day or two’s extension on the deadline that’s cool by me. :slight_smile:

edit: Where ya goin @CCMP?

2 Likes

need to give access squire, or use https://www.file.io for simplest one off transfer.

playlist is prepped, awaiting any final beats in next 24hrs before going public.

6 Likes

I’ve just got back from Berlin, I went to Superbooth 22.

1 Like

Hey @PineappleDave can I have till Sunday to submit? :pray:

4 Likes

Sounds good to me

Just managed to finish something! I sent it to @waftlord, did it come through?

4 Likes

Just to clarify, the deadline is extended to Sunday (tomorrow) night. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: last minute submissions welcome!

2 Likes

Just listened back to what I made yesterday :joy:… I gotta say the rules/theme for this one were probably the most fun of all the battles so far. Props to @PineappleDave and @waftlord!

The 10 sample-chops limit really forced me to be creative and keep it simple in a new way. I was thinking about all the classics made on the 10sec sp1200 a lot while making it.

6 Likes

Thats not to say mine actually sounds like any of those classics though haha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 09.12.51

anyone wanna make it a nice round 20?

6 Likes

However bad it is, whatever it is, I’ll upload ‘something’ today. :sunglasses::call_me_hand:

8 Likes

Thanks @waftlord and @PineappleDave for the chance to trip back to being 10 again - 1985. When life was all about sneakers, boom boxes, mix tapes, girls with sweaters, arcades and amazing tv shows.

I would love to make an entire album of beats from those tv shows. It was really fun - I mean between Airwolf theme, Battle of the planets, Knight rider and Dr Snuggles - I left some seriously amazing shows on the cutting floor for this one. Would love to loop back and turn them into a concept album some day.

Big up.

I echo the feeling though. that my beat is a total mess. But I embraced the EMU sp1200 vibe and am kinda at peace with it.

Can’t wait to hear what y’all came up with.

9 Likes