Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #1

just re-read the rules, and i don’t see any hardware requirements for this one. maybe someone else can confirm, but it looks like anything goes.

2 Likes

Yeah, I asked @Sleepyhead and anything goes.

I’m using my PO33, that’s the only thing I could bring with me for my holidays.

2 Likes

Cool…Cool Cool Cool

Then the title is a bit misleading, „Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle“ might be more accurate. But I appreciate the anything goes (at least for this battle) as I was thinking of using the MPC Live.

3 Likes

When we’ll publish our beats, we could specify what gear/daw/plugins we used to make it, and samples of course.

I will use digitakt only :grin:

4 Likes

Well, I initially intended it to be a beat battle using elektron gear, but I felt bad to exclude people who don’t have any elektron gear at hand :joy:, so everything goes.

It would be cool if a lot of people do use elektron gear, and I like @drrumble ‘s idea of stating the gear used when posting your submission!

12 Likes

Here’s mine:

11 Likes

Aren’t triplets forbidden ? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

i also think that @drrumble 's idea is a good one.
I’ll use Ableton to slice the samples ( that was my real issue ) and my Model:Samples to actually play with them.

Can’t refuse a chance to learn the little one better…

1 Like

Uploaded 3 versions: 48/24, 44/24 and 44/16

Ripped with Audio Hijack, conversion by Fission. Love these apps, should use em a lot more! :smiley:

2 Likes

How about some BBC Radiophonic Workshop?

4 Likes

I actually thought about posting that before I posted the Super Mario World one! :smiley:

I think I’m going to use my PO33 out of solidarity…unless I get frustrated. Hahah

2 Likes

Hahaha nice! Yeah, one of my pots is half busted (and it was mad jittery before that), I fear there won’t be magic coming from me for this round unfortunately. Shame because the PO33 sounds pretty boombap actually… But man, dem pots tho…

3 Likes

Koala then

4 Likes

But word. I’m pretty sure it’s take a while to get those Bernard Purdue drums to sound how I want them just because the Digitakt will record the audio clearly enough to remind you it’s coming from youtube. On the PO33 though? It probably sounds nice right out the gate.

3 Likes

Dang, gang.
Unless my count is off, this has jumped off to 30 participants! Bonkers.
Looking forward to hearing everyone’s work.

2 Likes

my contrib :

4 Likes

Update:

It’s awesome how many people are joining! I never thought so many people would be interested, but @TheGhostCat was, right, and with Dheurt we’re at 31 participants right now! I’ve added a list of names to the opening post. Can’t wait to hear everyones music!

@sndrsklr , @Daevlor and @Diskette have shown interest but did not post a sample yet (excuse me if I’ve missed it by accident). If you guys would like to join please post something today or tomorrow. Anyone else still interested has until Sunday 00.00 ( in whatever timezone they’re in) to join and post a sample.

After Sunday

• no more samples can be posted, and no more people can join.
  • Anyone of the participants can share their beat submission by posting it to this thread in any format. You can only post one single track, and you can’t replace or update your submission afterwards.
  • As suggested by @drrumble , it would be great if people also provided some info on how they made the beat, and the gear that was used.
  • Please don’t post any top3’s yet, we’ll save the voting for after the deadline (18/7).
  • Please don’t share any other video’s or songs, because things will get confusing.
  • I will post another update next week before we start voting. Any suggestions on how to use the outcome for the next battle (winner organises the next one?) are welcome!
  • Compliments, constructive remarks or discussion about all the beats posted are very welcome, but please don’t let the possibly competitive spirit of this battle get the best of you and ruin the great elektronauts vibe :smile:

Good luck!

13 Likes

We are (still) lucky @Voltagectrlr did not join the party yet. :eyes: :tongue:

4 Likes