Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #14: The Wu-Tang Edition

Oh shiiiiiiiit, can’t skip this one, 36 Chambers is, to put it quite simply, my ride or die album, the record that got me into hiphop.

October 9 is going to be tough but damn, I’ll try!

4 Likes

Well, as luck would have it, I got hit by covid. :frowning:

2 Likes

Sounds like the perfect time to cook up those sick beats.

Jokes aside, I hope you feel better soon.

3 Likes

get well soon

3 Likes

Get well soon man!

1 Like

First time attempting one of these so not sure how best to send it in pm? Dropbox to download as a wav?

2 Likes

yes!

2 Likes

Get well soon @FNKSTRNG

2 Likes

I’m quite happy with the beat so far
I’m only having trouble choosing an acapella.
Everything I consider I just think, nah, someone else will definitely use that lol

2 Likes

Cant wait to hear everything guys! And it doesn’t really matter if multiple people use the same acapella I think…

3 Likes

would even be interesting if all used the same acapella. Maybe an idea for a future battle

2 Likes

Haha yeah, Sounds like a good challenge. Although for me personally, I would find that battle very difficult to judge, and i’m not sure I would enjoy listening to 15 or so beats in a row that use the same acapella as much as I would a variation, but yeah ultimately it doesn’t matter :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

ha! these battles are hard enough to judge. it does sound like an interesting challenge, though.

status update: i’ve made almost no progress on this one. my in-laws are in town, i’ve been sleeping like crap, and i came here to post my lame excuses.

1 Like

I can’t promise anything, but let me see if I can pull something together by Sunday. Been busy with work and school.

1 Like

I’m trying to make time to participate in this one, as I love the mission this time around and have been planning on doing one soon. Hoping to get something finished in time. Can’t wait to hear all the submissions too.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve thought that to, it’d be very interesting to see everyones take on the same material…maybe a legends of Hip hop type format similar to this but with only a singular artists acapella to use…

I’m totally not going to make the deadline this time either, life gets in the way sometimes…

1 Like

same acapella and same sample. Would be interesting how much tracks differ

3 Likes

I didn’t plan to use accapella on my almost finished beat. Do I have to add it or I can leave it without ?

1 Like

You can do without.

3 Likes

Everyone using the same single track to make a beat would definitely be interesting

3 Likes