Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #15: Into The Sunset— Morricone edition

I’m not sure to make something satisfying either. My sister in law brought me this CD below (husband an son being big fans of Morricone), but I couldn’t import CD files because of “sensible” laptop computer disck player, I spent a lot of time on it, it was nightmarish. I definetely hate computers and don’t understand why they are barely better than 20 years ago…if not intended…

5 Likes

What about a few months deadline report ? :content:

2 Likes

I didn’t started yet. I think I will start listening some tracks to samples sunday ^^

8 Likes

I wound up making something that will work. It’s not done yet. But I’ll have something.

8 Likes

Started this two nights ago and had something really cool going on, saved my project on Rytm, several times. Last night when I turned it on and opened that project it was a totally blank/default project?! Rytm has never done this to me before. But, all good, gave me a chance to start it over. Most the stuff I was liking i remember how I programmed so got it back to something good. Up against the clock so will stay up late and get soemthing completed. These are great challenges. I love hip-hop but rarely make it as I love house as well and am always doing that but this has been a relief to work on. Hip hop and house share a lot of commonalities, like being sample-based, but hip-hop is just more chill to work on. Will be joining these each month

8 Likes

I’ve made a start on something fun.

Hopefully be able to finish on time.

Only started yesterday and doing it all in the Polyend Tracker again.

Is it me or is sampling into hardware more fun?

8 Likes

I finally got some samples selected. Too much good stuff. :smiley:

3 Likes

Work has been so intense lately that I don’t know if I’ll be able to make something for this round… :I

4 Likes

On my 7th beat. Don’t love it, but it was a good excuse to celebrate my reunion with the SP404mk2 :blush:

Will probably submit it today

5 Likes

Just turned my Digitakt on for the first time since last Sunday and my rough start sounds way better than I remember.

Or it could just be the enhanced mood brought on by the weekend, and the fact I’m already on my second brandy and coke that’s making it sound better, I’m not sure :rofl:

4 Likes

I just locked my DT in the closet. Gonna do this one in Cubase.

4 Likes

I was tempted to use Ableton, in my opinion I make a better beat in Ableton, and quicker.
I just have so much fun with Digitakt, plus I’ve only just upgraded to song mode and I really wanna try it out.
I’ve used Digitakt every battle except when I used Ableton in the goodfellas battle, and that was because I had Covid and wanted to make life a bit easier for myself.
I do miss the pitch shifting though.

3 Likes

OT :pl:

1 Like

Haha that thing scares me, if I had an OT I’d spend the next ten years at home learning how to use it :joy:

2 Likes

As you already know well Digitakt and Ableton, a few weeks should suffice.
Exploring its possibilities can time…

1 Like

Spend 1 week to read 1 chapter of the manual every evening before sleeping. Your brain store informations during night and after 1 week you know how to use OT. The next 9 years, 11 month and 3 weeks you will improve your skill and find tricks to make it better and better.

2 Likes

Haha that’s great. :joy:
Although you’re talking to someone that has never used or connected anything via midi and wouldn’t know where to start.
(Unless overbridge counts)
I really do use the most basic functions of everything I’ve ever learnt to use.
As long as I can chop and arrange a sample and use plenty of effects I’m happy.
I really do prefer limitations

Slicing on OT is much more easy than Plocking start point. But yeah OT is scary first, then after few time I swear it’s like coming home.

2 Likes

Is the sequencing aspect of OT and sampling etc the same as Digitakt except I would have options to do much more with the sample or would I need to forget all that and work a different way?

Watch the Thavius Beck tutorial on it on ask video, you will be up and running in 2 hours with it. This whole" the octatrack is really hard" talk is all non-sense and I believe came from a time when it was released and there wasn’t abundant training for it. I watched Thavius’ tutorial the day i got it and was making music right after. Once you know one elektron box you know them all for the most part

1 Like