Eowave Quandrantid Swarm

On Reddit: To activate sync to external midi clock/transport = hold ‘shift’ while powering on, then press pad 8, then power cycle - this worked for me…

Edit: it’s also in the manual, but not easy to grasp.

1 Like

thanks a mill. ah so it is possible. yea wasn’t sure exactly what the manual was sayin. sorta looked like it was sayin it could direct clock out another output or somethin.

I’ve tried the shift & button 8 combo but maybe I did it wrong. I’ll try it again when I get home later. Great news tho. thanks again :slight_smile:

[edit: ah I didn’t power cycle after the combo. hopefully that’s it. keep gettin the feeling my unit is broken] :joy:

Yeah, I have this from time to time given its quite unpredictable sonic behavior and rather flimsy build…

Btw, I changed the filter knobs, and find it much more satisfying now - just esthetics, but it makes a real difference for me.

The only real issue I encountered concerns the HP filter: when I turn it fully to the left, the signal cuts out again on the on the last 1/8 turn. I contacted Eowave about this but never heard back from them.

1 Like

nice. yea the unit could do with some rubber feet too. I have a bunch o blutack on the corners lol.
id sold it soon after I bought it cause I wasnt writing music at the time n the buyer returned it. he said there was excess noise when reverb level was turned up. I had no idea and of course gave a full refund. tbh I’m happy I got it back. was fortuitous.

it sounds fine to me. I keep rev level around 12 o clock. maybe it does have an issue (it’s been mentioned on reddit) but the unit is noisey by its nature so it doesn’t bother me.

The filter knobs are fine to me. Those other wiggly little buggers on the other hand… I might try and put a bigger cap on the spread knob. That could really benefit from some higher precision turning.

1 Like

The one thing I don’t use is the spring verb. Doesn’t add anything useful for me (yet). I much rather use the H9 and Space on it.

1 Like

Some work featuring the Swarm:

4 Likes

tbh that never even occurred to me as an option. I’m like drench everything in verb :joy:
must try turn it off, lol

@DJM @ccr was looking through the manual manual yesterday for direction on how to mount the reverb tank in a eurorack case and on the same page below that “section” (the manual is indeed severely lacking) it describes the process of calibrating both the filter cutoffs and I wouldn’t be surprised if that would fix your problem. :slight_smile: seems quite doable though still a bit of pain.

@pidgeo it has a relatively tiny analog physical reverb tank… what do they expect :man_shrugging: A friend of mine bought the almost €3k Erica synths syntrix and the reverb is basically unusable in any space with a medium sized soundsystem :joy: (at least in the traditional sense of its function)

2 Likes

yea, no idea. I was using it yesterday n its perfectly normal imo.

Thank you, @PurpleWizard! May I ask where you found the manual? The short 3-page document I could retrieve from the Eowave website’s download section does not contain instructions for the spring tank, nor could I find the filter calibration instructions, so my guess is that you have a more detailled document…

1 Like

that worked btw.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

It came with the unit, wouldn’t call it a manual though, it’s 3 (or 4) pieces of badly photocopied A4 paper, folded in half without stables or any other form of binder :unamused:

I’ll compare it to the pages on the eowave website and post any missing pages here in a bit.

Yeah that page is simply absent from the online pdf. It’s the only one, I checked (unless my manual is also still incomplete of course )

I like how they did add two of the four identical empty patch template pages for taking patch notes, considering its a digital document and all :joy: :ok_hand:

Anyway here you go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, thanks!! This really looks like the missing piece!

1 Like

Happy to help! Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

btw I have never goten a response from eowave to any of my e-mails.

1 Like

Yes, it did the trick ! Filter 1 cutoff works much better now ! Thanks again !!

2 Likes

Ace

For a company that has made such a unique and beautiful instrument, they don’t do themselves any favours with their customer service.

Same here
Very bad customer service, sold