Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

I spent a couple of hours with my lxr today and I’ve fallen in love with the sound. As the kids say these days, it really slaps. The workflow is a bit odd sometimes but you get used to it quickly. Being able to route the lfo to any track is really powerful. I’ve not played with them myself yet, but I’m looking forward to using the 4 separate outs with some pedals for more experimenting. And I know others have commented otherwise, but my unit feels pretty sturdy and the build quality solid.

5 Likes

I don’t think so.

my unit feels pretty sturdy and the build quality solid.

Just don’t put fingers on the screen and everything should be ok (!)

1 Like

I heard If you turn up the volume on the Bassline DB-01 it reaches modular level and you don’t need an amplifier or an input module. Does the same apply to the LXR?

Lxr is loud but not as loud as mu dfam, so I’d say it’s not eurorack level.

Has someone experienced external midi sync problems? My LXR-02 doesn’t lock up with Logic or Ableton live. In Logic it’s a 1/4 beat late and with Ableton it goes into double speed and beyond. No issues with other gear using the same sync settings inside the DAW. I contacted tech support and waiting to hear back.

Sounds like an LXR bug. I had issues with the BPM jumping to max when changing the values. Not a big issue for me right now because I just leave it on external all the time.

Haven’t noticed any issues with it being late though. The tempo jumps a bit when returning from the screensaver for me.

Recorded it on video with a handful of other bugs and contacted support. So hopefully they are working on fixing it for next firmware.

Love the synth btw. Hope it’s just some early bugs that’ll get squashed soon.

Sync from Octatrack is stable here.

No external sync issue here. Sometimes when I switch between external and internal there’s a short tempo burst, funny bug… but it’s all good once after that.

Thank you all!
For whatever reason and without changing anything the sync with Ableton is working now, Logic however is still not working right. I’ll investigate a bit more and report where it went off the rails, fingers crossed:)

14 Likes

Note that you must remove previous firmware DMGs from your card or the update procedure won’t load the latest.

4 Likes

nice!
Really like the sound of this machine
Hope it gets more stable soon

I receive mine tomorrow ! x)

1 Like

Wonder if I can get some interesting drones out of my lxr?

The new firmware looks to have addressed my minor grumbles.

same here and after getting Mutant Drums high hat module for my eurorack system, hard to beat modular drums.

1 Like

Anyone else having trouble getting the sd card out of the slot? It’s like perfectly flush with the machine and I’m having trouble taking it out!

Edit: finally got it lol

The update is great! For some reason I can’t seem to get the FX to sound at all.

No matter what I do for instance, I can’t hear any delay. Anyone else struggle with that and then figure it out?

EDIT: Welp, figured that out too. I should probably just stop these posts. I do wish there was a temp sync for the delays.

You have to push it

I tried seperate outputs today. The snare/claps really shine with a bit of reverb. Kicks are awesome, hats are great and you can even get excellent noises/hard synths out of it. This thing really kicks ass in a techno setup.

4 Likes

Finally an update. But… it still does not recall changed parameters or trigs immediately… :slightly_frowning_face:
Why does it wait until the pattern end before recalling those? The sound is often recalled immediately but parameter numbers are not. It recalls immediately if you stop the sequencer or switch to another page and back again. I specifically let them know about this so it disappointing they have let this weird bug slip through.

1 Like