Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

Does anyone know of a tear down video/post for the lxr-02?

I got a used one and the midi in port is having problems. I have to push the midi cable at a weird angle to keep it from losing the incoming clock. I’ve tried a few different cables and sources with the same result.

If not for this I guess I’ll settle for a db-01 tear down since they’re so similar.

(General jack repair advice, I don’t yet have an LXR myself)

If you have to wiggle the cable to get a good connection, you probably have a bad solder joint between the MIDI jack and the PCB. To investigate, carefully open the device and examine the MIDI jack’s solder joints. They should be smooth and have a relatively concave surface. Professionally assembled gear should have zero convex blobs of solder. Instead, look for cracked or insufficient / missing solder.

The fix is easy - just gently reheat each of the solder pads, adding more solder if needed.

2 Likes

Yeah this is what I’m hoping for, a quick reflow for that jack (surrounded by 30 min of taking off all the knobs). :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Return it.

I posted pictures of the PCBs previously here. Easy to open and disassemble.

1 Like

@acidhouseforall please tell me. do you have bad encoders too, they are too tight? I think you fixed it yourself?

They are very tight indeed, but I like how they are. No fix needed in my case. Do you experience value jumps ?

I understood)
no, not jumps. but I’m afraid to break encoder if they need a lot of effort
I’m worried… very tight

Got a response from Erica

“but I would recommend playing around with the knobs more (using them more heavily), as they will become looser over time”

@acidhouseforall thank you too for reply!

I have felt that happening. But they are tight yes.

I’m sorry (and surprised) to hear of build issues. I haven’t read a single similar complaint about the DB-01. Mine feels like the proverbial tank.

I do get value jumps on mine. Occasionally when turning one encoder the one next to it will jump one digit.

Support didn’t really come back to me with anything helpful about that.

Do you know anything, is it tight encoders?

1 Like

Yesterday I tried the advice from the support, it got better. And I also removed a little bit silicone glue under of the knobs, a bit leaked.
this is work better on the third day))

I’m sure everything will be fine and there is no reason to panic)

1 Like

I occasionally had this too. Pretty rare though.

2 Likes

but we know, it’s worth it!)

I had midi in problems when I built my lxr 01. turns out the lcd pins were touching (shorting) the midi in pins. could be a similar issue. i haven’t seen a 02 teardown but the build instructions for the 01 is here https://www.sonic-potions.com/Documentation/LxrAssemblyGuide.pdf

1 Like

Do you have problems to sequence the lxr to an elektron sequencer and assign parameters? (attack, decay, etc)

2 Likes

What problems are you thinking of ?
I still have to try how it reacts to ccs.

Basically I want to be able to control each of my steps with the digitakt, but when I put cc nothing responds …

same problem with the octatrack