Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

I had a problem upgrading my OS where it looked like it upgraded but was still using 1.1

I had to remove the 1.1 file from the microSD completely to get it to actually upgrade. Also the ping pong delay doesn’t seem to work unless the voice is already panned some.

Workflow question: I want to start a new project with a selection of favorite kits from other (existing) LXR projects. Is there any way to do that - either in the UI, or by editing the SD card first?

And separately: 2-3 of the encoders on my LXR-02 are very ‘un-smooth’ (ie, have sticky patches in the rotation that interferes with smoothly setting parameter values). I’ve opened a ticket & hoping there’s a simple fix I can perform.

I think you’d have to edit the microSD card, but keep an unedited backup because I’ve no idea what any of the files are doing.

Save your project under another name and then open that project and delete all patterns - or change them.

My knobs are smooth but too hard to turn fast

I get this from time to time as well, I think it is just due to the knob tightness, it physically moves back or forward a tiny amount to ‘settle’ if that makes sense.

@Soarer - Thank you! The answer is obvious, in retrospect :wink:

@insidestraight - Hopefully it gets better with usage

1 Like

Funki fumes :dash:

1 Like

This is for their “Sample Drum” and does not have anything to do with the LXR-02.

2 Likes

Hi, I just bought this lxr 02 new. Hope someone could check if my unit is broken.

The phones output is very noisy (humming noise). The behavior changes when adjusting the master fader. It’s most recognisable between off and 3/4 of the master fader track.

Is that common behavior on this thing?

It got me excited that the LXR-02 could import normal sized drum samples for a split second, though.
If only!

When using the headphones the volume is dangerously loud. I’m talking more than a couple of mm of the master fader is ear splitting. I would stay well away from using headphones with the lxr-02 until they fix this.

1 Like

Mine is clear and not noisy.

Right but I really do not miss samples in this machine at all. I love that it is focused on drum sound design using synthesis - almost entirely and I hope the “Syntakt” will do this too. Octatrack would still be a much better sampler even if the LXR had samples.

1 Like

Probably best to use a headphone attenuator dongle thing in-line until they address it, I have a few that work pretty well, don’t seem to degrade sound quality, in a drawer somewhere.

2 Likes

That was possible with the previous LXR but was seriously limited. To be honest I only used it to have a 909 hat and ride onboard so yeah… not really required given the synthesis possibilities.

You saved my ears from further testing, thx. It’s loud.

What was your choise? Looking for a solid solution also for my blackbox. (when using out1 for headphones output to include ext. things when jamming with headphones)

I think the ones I have were pack-ins with headphones or something, I’ve just bought them for 99 cents at goodwill when I see them, one is Sony if I remember right. Barely ever use them, it’s been a while now. I think the last time I used one was with HoustonTracker 2 on a TI-84. I have 5 or 6 nice metal Audio-Technica metal ones in XLR and 1/4in that do attenuation with three selectable values, but they are big and chunky and meant for mixer/interface use. I guess someone could use something like that, maybe check that out? I’d prefer something smaller though.

1 Like

Dude try this one! I’m sure it works well, I like my Koss phones, recently got two pairs of the KPH30i Clears and they sound good.

1 Like

Max volume when head phoning :confounded:
Sennheiser HD 300 protect 64ohm

2 Likes

So far (5hours) That’s all for me to complain about. I * like it! Finally a tweakable drum machine that punches in your face.

3 Likes