Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

Full on video manual.

CDM with a crunchy-noisy session

5 Likes

I haven’t tried sequencing with elektron stuff yet. It sequences fine with my mpc live tho and I also made a touchosc template to tweak setting faster and all that works. I did spend some time on each of the voices mix page adjusting settings to my liking. I don’t have a DT or OT but I have a MD and DN i’ll try on those.

Been running into an odd issue with my Octatrack sending clock and pattern change.

I’d like to be able to automatically switch patterns when I switch on the OT. It works for patterns 1-8. But 9-16 on the OT just repeat patterns 1-8 on the LXR. Any thoughts??

Does the Erica LXR still have 8 substeps per step ? I think not, I can’t find it the manual. I really like this way of programming retrigs on the launchpad which also has this function.

Pretty nasty! Has a nice demo of using a midi keyboard for melodies after the wild distortion.

The morph feature is pretty sick. Didn’t know about that…

2 Likes

The latest firmware has a per-step ‘flam’ function with up to 8 retrigs per step and you also have 8 steps of microtiming - this is covered in the most recent manual.

curious if anyone has opened their lxr 02? wondering if it has the same mcu as the 01 re Atmega644p 20MHz?

Haven’t opened mine but this is on the Sonic Potions site:

4 Likes

pics above !

Not being able to backport all features to the v1 is not surprising given the hardware differences. An update with bugfixes and some feature sprinkle is fine with me. Of course the date for this v1 update could be anywhere from next week to next year (or never) so I’m not holding my breath.

The v1 is serving me well as it is. I might not have built-in FX or volume faders, but I’ve got trigger outputs and rudimentary sample loading. And the base sound still slaps.

1 Like

so snap, missed those earlier but thanks for posting.
thats impressive that they did a full pcb and schematic redesign.
I see they replaced the atmega mcu with an ARM so yeah theres no porting over the firmware.
they also switched everything from through hole to surface mounted. cool beans.

my GAS is chill rn cause the 01 has the erica synths logo on it if you picked up the aluminum case :slight_smile:

jokes aside, i hope this partnership frees up some of the sonic potions cats to future develop stuff and things like the lxr. they hit it out the park on the 02 (even tho i don’t own one yet).

I think the lesson here is that one can never have too many drum machines.

1 Like

Three clock inputs?

these are outs if I remember mine…

Now, months later, how do you think this compares with Nord Drum 3P or 2? I mean the sound quality and sonic range, not the sequencing and other stuff that makes it more easily playable and tweakable.

1 Like

I got my LXR-02 yesterday and after a few hours with it, I ran it into the Digitakt to use the reverb & delay. Recorded this video straight out of the Digitakt class compliant USB port, straight into the iPhone Camera, no post processing/video editing or general bollocking about :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Great sounds, thanks for sharing! They are an excellent combo!

1 Like

Cheers man, thanks for taking the time to listen :smiley:

yup, nice vibes !

1 Like

There isn’t really a comparison to be made, the LXR sounds great but it can’t do any of the weird spectral/physmod stuff the ND2 can do. Much closer to the ND1 in that respect.

1 Like