Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

Some useful/hidden shortcuts in this vid:

Anyone else got the problem that sometimes suddenly a track does not make any sound, but after a reboot?
I think it’s not a hardware problem, but perhaps firmware, as it is digital?

edit:
forget me, its a pebkac.
need to save that pattern first before changing lol

1 Like

Also, save your pattern before switching to another pattern, otherwise all changes are lost too

2 Likes

Are there a lot of useful factory sounds and kits?
How easy is it to get good drum sounds from init?
I owned the old lxr briefly and remember the engine to be pretty deep

1 Like

There are factory kits, probably about 10 or 20 across a 4 or 5 demo projects (some duplicated), you are not able to save or copy sounds at all afaik. Kits are specific to projects , so you have to copy the factory presets to new projects via a Computer. The init kit has good starting points already dialled in for each of the drums sounds, so it’s easy to tweak a bit or a lot to taste. The sound is design is pretty deep and each parm for each engine is usually only a button press away, although I find they don’t always alter the sound depending on other parm values. The morph feature is a great for creating new kits or variation quickly and switching between them live whilst a pattern is playing is instant.

1 Like

thanks for the info :+1:

1 Like

I played a bit, it has songmode :+1::joy:

Yes, the engine is deep!

1 Like

Nice!!!

I was going to bring mine on the trip I’m on right now, but ran out of space for it.

The character of this things sound definitely grabs me and I think it would be a ton of fun to pair with the DT. Does Erica have a decent track record of addressing bugs? Anyway feeling like the more I write this down the closer I am to saving $1k from not buying a Rytm :joy:

3 Likes

Same here, I was saving for a rytm mk2 but I’m pulling the trigger on the lxr-02

2 Likes

I just scooped up one of these bad boys and it’s definitely a tweakers dream. However, I can’t seem to get automation record, either in real time mode or in step mode. I’ve tried each of the 2 automation tracks, I have it in record, I’ve selected the right part, but nothing gets recorded. Any tips here?

Update: turning it off and back on seemed to resolve the issue.

1 Like

I wished the bpm setting in perf menu would be on the right side or page 2. I sync to extern, and when I accidentally rotate it, it stops… Happens way to often.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But, I love it! It pairs so well with Octatrack!

1 Like

I agree, I would actually swap it’s place with the shuffle control.

2 Likes

Wondering if anyone has any tips on synthesizing something like an 808 snare on the LXR. I just can’t get it snappy enough. An 808 kick is easy enough, though.

Just gave it a really quick attempt. CLICK and LFO is perhaps the most important for the snappyness. What do you think about this?

OSC: 50,34,127,80 > Tri
AEG: 0,8,0,39
MOD: 38,51,7
CLICK: Snr,127,64
FILTER: 96,51,HP,0
LFO: 0,16,127,xdn > v4,0,4,vol

edit: should mention the synced LFO of course changes with the BPM. So might need tweaking if you’re going much faster or slower than where I was testing at; 118bpm

7 Likes

Not bad. Here’s my attempt. I’m going to try to introduce some LFO to try for more snappy.

Edit: I added your LFO settings (except for a slower rate) and it helped! Thanks.

OSC: 50 1 93 91 Sine 0
AEG: 1 26 1 1
MOD: 28 3 118
CLICK: Drp 27 27
FILTER: 84 0 HP 0
No LFO
MIX: 127 0 127 92

3 Likes

I had a little blast with these two:

4 Likes

And this one too…

5 Likes

I’ve been making more noise and a right old racket again with these two fellas:

2 Likes

Has anyone had stability issues while running the LXR-02? I’ve only had it a few days and I’ve run into unusual situations where it just kinda glitches out and stops playing entirely and then I can’t get it to play or do anything until after I reboot.

I’m trying to figure out whether it’s a firmware or hardware issue. If no one else has had this problem I’ll just exchange it for a new unit in hopes that it’s just faulty hardware.

Thanks!