Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

Does anyone have clips from their best non distorted sounds? Whoever wants? Would love to see what the LXR can bring in this regard and I have also seen only a fair bit of quite harsh stuff and just a litte bit more clean clips with clean content.

1 Like

Almost all of the patterns/beats I create are on the cleaner side. I’ll see if I can post a demo somewhere.

1 Like

I’d be happy to post something as soon as I get a minute to sit down with it again.

Edit: I made a nice clean kit, that’s easily tweakable for FM settings on tom-type sounds, clean snare, high/crisp hats, and a good solid kick. Kinda reminds me of the MachineDrum more or less. I haven’t put any real patterns together to demo it yet, because I haven’t had any time. I’ll post some sounds from it as soon as I get a chance.

1 Like

Question: Is there a way to adjust multiple Voice parameters at the same time, for example probability? I find it tedious to do things like that one step at a time.

Nope , maybe in future firmware upgrades.

Had another journey with these two chaps last night…

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure ima cave in at some point next year and try out an LXR-02. I’ve got a Rytm so no real need at all. But it just looks so fun, portable, relatively affordable (or at least priced right for a full drum machine), and it’s sounds might be right up my alley.

A nice two-voice modular and an LXR-02, might be the right pairing for all live/jam predicaments.

How live tweakable, quick/immediate, and sweet spotty would people here rate it?

2 Likes

@lesstalkmoredisco The LXR-02 is very tweakable & quick, once you’ve used it for a few hours, it’s very jammable :slight_smile: I did find the sequencer annoying at 1st though tbh. Go on, push the button :slight_smile: or maybe wait X amount of time for the Syntakt haha.

1 Like

Here is part two, erm, the follow up to part one :rofl:

3 Likes

Good point

:wink:

1 Like

I’ll wait till I have some reason/budget for it. But I think one point or another I’ll have one

1 Like

OK, here is a demo of some electro type patterns I created recently which I think demonstrates a somewhat cleaner, less aggressive sound from the LXR-02.

18 Likes

Merry X-Mas! Here’s another demo for all of you.

All drums and percussion are the LXR and the synths are Moog Slim Phatty. Let me know if you like it! I hope you’re doing well.

10 Likes

Anyone have any leads on replacement fader caps? I’d like to change some of them to another colour (if only the volume slider).

I rather save up for a Rytm MK2 or Jomox Alphabase at this point. I have a couple portable drum synths like Roland TR-8 that sound as good and run on batteries and have speaker. Wish the LXR2 had option to use battery power.

Ripcord + powerbank works. Its same ripcord I used for digitakt/digitone.

3 Likes

Thanks for these mr. Phurniture – great stuff!

I have one more question (not asking for demos, unless someone is so inclined :sweat_smile:)

Do you think the LXR is easy to get into glitchy, IDM’y territory? That obviously calls for plenty of modulation, so it might be that it’s easier to do once the MIDI CC implementation is fixed.

This isn’t my usual bag, but I gave it a shot. 100% LXR-02. The use of the following really helped:

• Random LFOs to parameters such as pitch or FM freq or level
  • The use of step probability
  • Unusual pattern lengths
  • The use of flams
  • Playing around with the overall sample rate
  • Playing around with the Morph control

18 Likes

I like it! Sounds a bit like you’re pushing some squares around :wink:

Needs a big analog chord sweep. Nice!

2 Likes

Agreed, damn!

It’s proving to be quite a versatile little unit. I guess it’s a bit like the Noise Engineering demos - people err on the side of noisy with certain units. I shall have to closely consider a purchase. :face_with_monocle:

Thank you, @Phurniture!

1 Like