Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

That would be great though. You could change kits from Octatrack.
I also wish I could morph with a CC.

1 Like

Yeah! A cc for morph would be amazing.

Sorry if it’s been asked before, but what’s the proper way to save a kit ?
It seems that saving the project does save the current kit.
But if you save the kit and the don’t save the project, the kit will be lost if you reload the project. So my question could be : what is the point of saving a kit ? Should I simply save the Project ?

You must save both kit and project if you want to keep it for another session. Saving kit only saves for the current session only (ie. switching kits during a session reverts them to their original state).

1 Like

Well, as I’m sequencing it from the DAW only, I decided to assign 1 kit to 1 pattern, so I can change the kit by changing pattern via a PC message.

I works, but there seems to be a bug : PC 0 to 7 select Patterns 1 to 8 as expected, but then PC 8 to 15 also select Patterns 1 to 8, and so on… Can anyone confirm the bug ?

Nevermind, I just had the confirmation from EricaSynths support.
They also replied that changing kit is already doable with “CC Bank messages”, but I’m not aware of such a thing.

you do a midi cc 0 followed by a midi cc 32

1 Like

Thanks, I figured it out meanwhile !

So, that’s super nice to be able to switch kits with CCs. Just sayin’

Switching patterns (with kits) right?
Doesn’t work properly here. I can also only switch patterns 1-8 with PC from OT
CC 0 controls a parameter in the LXR and CC 32 does nothing.

Two different things :

• Program Change messages currently only work on patterns 1-8. It’s a known bug that will ne fixed soon.
  • Sending Bank messages (cc0 at a value of the kit number followed by cc32 at a value of 0) works well to change kits
2 Likes

Thanks it’s just not working here. I guess I have to fire these off with midi trigs from OT and I tried both on same trig and last one delayed. Also not working manually buy changing these parameters. As I said CC 0 controls a parameter on the LXR so something seems wrong. CC 0 does say Bank Selling and CC32 says Bsel Lsb in Octatrack.

That’s weird. From the manual, CC 0 is unused in the LXR.
It works when I send the 2 CCs in a row from Max/MSP. Ableton Live Bank selection with clip also works.

Yes it is. I’ll try later from Live or another device. I guess it should work by merely turning these CCs manually after each other right?

Hard and loud:

9 Likes

Sounds great!

Got myself an LXR by trading some stuff . A real beast of a drum Maschine for Techno. With some nice reverb on the master it really comes to life

I just received my LXR this lady will and have enjoyed learning it so far. It’s my first drum machine though so I’ve got to learn about drum synthesis still. I do have 2 head scratching questions at the moment.

1. I love the preset kit Napalm. However when the sequence is stopped, or even when all faders are down, there’s a non stop note that is generated. I think it has something to do with an lfo mapped to the drive but I can’t really understand why it’s happening. Any ideas as to the source of this noise?

2. I connected the MIDI in to a pad controller today to mess with the velocity parameters. That was fun but when I tried to live record, there would often be a double trigger sound. I don’t think it’s the pad controller though because when just pressing the pads it’s fine. It’s when I live record that the double trigger happens. Am I missing some setting or is this just the way the step sequencer behaves?

Thanks!

1 Like

it’s a drumcomputer not a lady… the behavior of napalm kit is described in the manual (fx section), it’s normal behavior of one the algorithms with high feedback setting

1 Like

Thanks, for the heads up on the FX section in the manual. I hadn’t gotten that far yet. That answered my question!

2 Likes