Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

Quick question: can we mirror the entire mix of the Main L+R outputs to the other pair of outputs? I’d like to send the Main Mix to 2 different processing units at the same time (1 granular, 1 wavefolding :slight_smile:
I could’ve sworn I had that as a config, but can’t seem to get it to to work now.
hmm?

After extensive testing in Ableton, I can conclude that the Digitakt swing percentage corresponds to these LXR02 shuffles values:

SWING – SHUFFLE
52% – 12
54% – 15
58% – 30
75% – 94 (32nd note)

4 Likes

Anyone notice that when the LXR02 is MIDI master and DB01 is slave, it syncs BPM and swing? How does it do this over MIDI? I didn’t think this was possible.

A midi clock is just 24 ticks per quarter and the slaves should follow them blindly, so it’s fairly easy to manipulate these ticks to create all sorts of grooves.

1 Like

If it’s easy, It’s a shame it’s not more common. Do any Elektron boxes do that?

I don’t think Elektron boxes do that. It’s not without problems either. Imagine you want to slave a synced delay to the tempo… without a stable, straight clock your delay will produce artifacts, from clicks to pitch alteration depending on how it’s implemented.

2 Likes

(funny to read this, as I am currently working on a max for live “hesitant” clock to make my Matriarch delay wobble a bit… :smiley:)

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I posted one of these here. 100% LXR-02 with some sounds going through an Empress Reverb. The kick, snare, hihat and bassline go out dry through a separate output.

(I goofed up the timing for when to bring in the bass, but didn’t bother editing it)

10 Likes

I have issues during playback going from Perf to Voice mode… it’ll just splutter and then continue playing. Kinda frustrating. Latest OS.

More Noisey raw techno this way folks…

4 Likes

Not a huge use of the LXR-02, but it does appear on the track I did for the D.A.D.S. & Co. release that just came out.

You can check out the entire EP on Bandcamp, Soundcloud and elsewhere.

2 Likes

When crunch and rumble collided, it created this techno storm.

More noise n nonsense to upset the neighbours when played at high volumes…

3 Likes

I did some Dystopian droney stuff for a change…still had to stick a kick drum in there though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

seems like an ideal combo you have there! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah, they suit me pretty well. I just take a bit of time to prep a couple of patterns on each and hit record and jam away, fun and productive :smiley:

2 Likes

New sound pack with 64kits/patterns has been created by Dean. I’ve not picked it up yet , may well do soon though.

3 Likes

1st little session I’ve posted for a while…

4 Likes
8 Likes

Ooooh! nice bug fix firmware update :slight_smile:

Hello fellow ‘naughts, I Paired Digitakt and lxr02 with iPad Loopy pro and Drambo for this jam, was kinda a work flow test to see if I could get an FX scenes triggered from a midi controller….seems to have potential for lots of variations. Almost imitating some of the Octatrack functionality……

6 Likes

Yes good to have a bug fix update. I’m working with the LXR-02 a lot at the moment. It’s sounds so good and now responds well to CC messages :grinning:

2 Likes