Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

I thought about selling it too…
But…

It has a distinctive sound, the faders, the kit morph, the four outs…
It’s my Octatracks best buddy!

drum1 (kick) -> out2l -> ot a
drum2 (bass) -> out2r -> ot b
the rest -> main out -> ot c/d

that gives options for through machines, and loop recorders :smiley:

2 Likes

My plan is to use LXR-02 and Synakt together :wink:

2 Likes

excited to hear what comes of these experiments!
also, side-quest - does it feel like (while recognising it’s its own thing) the Volca Drum Deluxe I hope it might?

Here’s an experiment where I created a synth sound where each drum part is a different oscillator waveshape and sometimes octave. Then you shape the sound by bringing the different parts in with the sliders. I’m talking about the bass/lead sound. Recorded a beat afterwards and added it over top.

7 Likes

Is it possible to assign a keyboard’s mod wheel to control a parameter like filter cutoff on the LXR-02?

Guys, m a bit confused :neutral_face:

Please just write, what is the save order?
kit, pattern, project or project, kit, pattern, or?

let’s go remember this forever)

1. if you fiddle with a pattern (and do not save to ram) changes will be lost if switching pattern
    same applies to kits

2. project (this saves all together to sd-card)

2 Likes

only if you bend your midi data.
mod wheel is usually cc1
now you have to bend your cc1 to whatever midi cc you want to the global channel of lxr.

you could do this with a daw, or if you want with something like retrokit rk-002.

1 Like

I have so many strange questions but what can you do…

Does it make any difference whether to use stereo group or divide drums into separate channels? The lxr-02 already mutes and faders, as well a filters. I want to understand what is the point, except as a separate effect on each channel? Or is it still kick drum to be output to separate channel, so that it is definitely in mono?

Pretty sure every channel can be assigned to one of the 4 outputs, or 1+2 or 3+4.
Everything is mono unless you pan it.
Separate channels allows for different routing and outboard FX, yes.

I have mine set up with one extra out and then the stereo pair. The extra out is if I want to route something like a kick separately into the interface - the stereo pair are connected to my Digitone inputs.

Ah, so if I understand correctly, you have the stereo mix on outputs 1+2, and then just the kick track on output 3?

duntz duntz duntz

6 Likes

The manual says : “MIDI notes will be sent out according to the track’s MIDI channel and note settings when not turned off in
the MIDI filter options.”
What does “note settings” mean ? Does it mean that the Midi CCs that are plocked in the sequencer are sent via the midi out ?

New firmware!

And new kits/patterns!

8 Likes

This is awesome news! Excited to get it updated.

1 Like

Fab news. Thanks for posting. Any links to vids of the new kits? Something for me to watch while waiting to get home and check for myself!

need to check! saving on lxr is a pita!

3 Likes

I’ve Updated and auto save seems to work fine, although couldn’t see a way to turn it off in configs, although I don’t think I’d want to in most situations.

New kits sound nice too, they seem to make more use of lfos as a lot sounds are more animated and less static .

1 Like

Bump, I can’t find the answer anywhere, does anybody know this ?

Have you asked the manufacturer?