Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

I think it refers to the note that will be transmitted.
Assuming Midi Out works the same for Midi In, you can set a track to a fixed note, “C5” for example, or to “Any” to play chromatically.

That’s a bummer. I don’t want auto save at all. I want the device to reboot ‘clean’ all the time.

Do you have to delete the old firmware from the SD Card before attempting to update to v1.4? The instructions on the Erica Synths site don’t mention the need to do that, but mine still shows v1.3 after I tried the update.

yeah i had to do that

1 Like

Yes, I’ve just done the 1.4 update and had to delete 1.3 first. Make sure you back up your card before, just in case. You’ll need to leave the supporting files that came with 1.3 i.e. ‘main.img’ and ‘bootloader.img’.

Hope that makes sense

I managed to apply the firmware up, and also uploaded the new kits and patterns.

I’m not 100% clear on how the auto save function is working. I’ll have to play around and pay more attention to what’s happening. At what point would you need to save a project, if ever?

nice! i opened this thread hoping this would be among the new posts.

i remember something about some audio issues with 1.3 so i never installed that one. is that still something bothering anybody here?

I never had problems with 1.3

However I do have a problem now. I accidentally pressed SHIFT + PLAY and now my unit won’t run. Even after turning it off and back on. I can select kits, and even it looks like I can enter step notes. In PERF mode the drum triggers don’t sound and yes, it’s not on EXT sync. When I try to select a pattern I get this. I didn’t know there were so many patterns to choose from…

Oh, that’s odd eh, there should only be a max of 64 patterns. Have you tried to (re)load the project? Or SHIFT + PATTERN and choose pattern 1?

damn, that’s a mess…

:sleepy:

Have you tried downgrading? I did downgrade to an earlier firmware some time ago, too. This had been advised by Erica’s support and worked flawlessly back then.

I had a few issues also where the display showed some strange blocks on start up after the first few startups following the 1.4 update (these have now gone), also, patterns wouldn’t play (EXT bpm off) - in my case it seemed to be something related to the MIDI cables I had plugged in. I unplugged them, reset the machine, and then it worked fine. I then plugged the MIDI cables back in and the problem hasn’t resrufaced yet. Hope that helps.

I’ll try downgrading. Everything seems to work otherwise - I can move between VOICE and PERF mode, edit synth parameters, mute tracks, but I can’t hear anything. Selecting SHIFT+PATTERN shows 65 and trying to select another pattern using the 1-16 step buttons does nothing - the display just continues to show 65.

I’ll report back after reverting to 1.3.

Update: After a couple of attempts to install 1.3 it works and things seem to be back to normal. I had also submitted a ticket with Erica Synths so it’ll be interesting to see what they say.

2 Likes

As an update, I had a similar problem where I couldn’t play patterns beyond slot 4 in a project. This again seems to be related to midi din cables being inserted. I unplugged, restarted the machine and all is ok again. Perhaps there’s a midi messages issue with my set up or maybe it’s a 1.4 localised problem.

I’ve had times when some tracks do not make a sound and I’ve done some head scratching, is it volume? Perf mode Muted? ….sometimes it is SRT (sample rate reduction) set to zero, or yep, other times just buggy OS.

1 Like

Can I has?

• SDK for open source firmware, plz?

Why would I?

• because it’s awesome!

Really?

• yes!

Whats next?

• do it!

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

I have the same Problem. :confused:

Here’s a session I’ve done using a few of the new kits from the 1.4 update.
Anyone tried the new kits on lower firmwares? no reason why they shouldn’t work really…

Anyway, enjoy this bleepie, crunchy, dubbie journey onto techno town…

2 Likes

Anyone here also own a Roland TR-8S? With the new update I’m tempted to replace the LXR with one. Someone talk sense to me…

1 Like

I have both and will be keeping both. I don’t have any heady science to share on the matter. I just like both :0)