Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

If you could only keep one…?

1 Like

Well that is tough. Real tough. I’m going to be spending a bunch of quality time with the TR later today so after I’ve done that I’ll get back to you with smart thoughts.

1 Like

Oh jeez, forget what I just said. I haven’t even updated my LXR yet! I suppose once that happens and I get into a bit I might be able to generate a useful comment (hay there’s a first time for everything!) but for now I’ll be shutting up.

I have both , if I could only keep one it would be TR8s. But, I’d miss the Lxr02 though as it’s probably one of the only the drum machines the TR8s can not imitate

[edit] sample your Lxr02 before you sell and import it into the TR8s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i reviewed the eurorack version:

5 Likes

While casting absolutely no aspersion toward the LXR I would definitely have to go with the TR. Long story very very short, it’s got 11 voices and does a million things more than the LXR.

But I’m still keeping both and the LXR is exponentially more likely to be included in my setup for playing out due to its size.

1 Like

agree love their eurorack stuff. Saving up for a techno system

Today I was actually working with the LXR to see if I could replicate some Analog Rytm kick samples I had, and the very first attempt was super easy and I actually preferred the one I created on the LXR! Amazing kick drums that I would probably miss….

4 Likes

Yeah that thing’ll kick your face off! It’s sooo strong in that department. It’ll do great basslines too.

3 Likes

noticed after new update, my lxr-02 started to cough on the temp. Who noticed this trouble except me, or is it my personal problem?

bpm a little jumps or stutters after a certain number of cycles. after it straightens up, but unfortunately this problem confuses my 1010bb and it has to be restarted.

I reverted back to v1.3 after my unit froze and I was unable to play any patterns. :frowning:

I never heard back from Erica after submitting a ticket.

2-3 days will get answer. don’t worry )
ES - it’s the best support service in history!

I submitted it 3 weeks ago…

Ouch!

Perhaps that suggests that others may be having similiar problems and another update revision is to be release… :man_shrugging:

Crossing fingers.

Does anyone know if the morph feature has a MIDI CC? I didn’t see it in the manual so I’m doubtful…

I don’t think it does, but I agree this would be an amazing addition

1 Like

Erica Synths recently posted a video on their FB page of the kit morph being modulated with their CV joystick on the new Eurorack module. So even though it’s not in the manual, their video seems to imply that it’s possible on the module. Not sure if that also implies there’s a MIDI control parameter for it on the desktop version, it’s not possible to tell how they’re doing it in the video. But this leads me to think it could be a simple addition in a firmware update, or maybe somewhere not documented for either the module or the desktop.

4 Likes

Hey there folks ! I received a proto of the LXR-02 eurorack yesterday to demo. Here is my first jam with it and some support friends. I had a blast recording this noisy jam !

4 Likes