Erica Synths SYNTRX

We can get many beautiful sounds by using all the capabilities of audio-FM. As always with FM we can modulate “the wrong frequencies” or too much - or - just the right amount. At the end it’s personal preference.

What I love on the Syntrx is that we can mix audio and CV to modulate destinations. This can be used for bleeps and burps but also for very non-experimental but interesting sounds.

2 Likes

Had students all day so haven’t had too much time with it yet, but man, what an incredible instrument. We’re definitely going to be very good friends.

Ghost in a machine.

No more students today, so now it’s Syntrx play time

8 Likes

Please keep us updated. I need to know everything as i feel nobodies got to grip with it yet.

1 Like

Only 1 hour in so bear with me. But this is the thing already truly love about this instrument already. Experimental yet controllable. It really feels like an instrument.

Bit of reverb added from xone db4 (reverb model based on 480)

18 Likes

A walk through a digital landscape. Beep. Plus a mishap with my camera arm. Safe to say it broke.

4 Likes

Bet your having a load of fun. So many options :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it’s great :slight_smile: I try to focus on a specific idea / starting point and carefully explore. Works pretty nicely. After a bit more exploring I’m going to try to do some tests with techno-ish sound design, der if I can get some strange grooves out of this thing. Will be a bit of a challenge as the midi implementation is quite basic.

3 Likes

I find this beast makes you actively listen. That would be good for me. Still a bit on the fence.

1 Like

Buy one.

4 Likes

Yes. In stock in a couple weeks after Christmas. Hard to track down atm.

1 Like

Available directly from Erica synths with a discount. Last batch.

2 Likes

Realky. Im onto it.

1 Like

Yeah last 300 and that’s it. So even if you don’t like it, I’m sure you’ll sell it for at least new price :+1:t2:

2 Likes

If only I had a few grand knocking around spare!

1 Like

Surely someone needs an Xmas kidney.

4 Likes

This part about the Trapezoid is good to know. I remember a VCS3 lets you use the trapezoid as a kind of oscillator but I hadn’t heard someone loop the Syntrx’s Trapezoid that fast yet.

1 Like

I might still …

Hmm… I like the idea of having a setup with Syntrx, Pulsar, Ornament. Damn.

1 Like

Where? At Erica?

Yeah I think a full techno groove might be a challenge with just midi, although with midi X/Y joystick control I am sure you could come up with something, maybe use some midi envelops on the joystick and use it like some extra VCAs. With CV you can sort of use the Ring mod as an extra VCA of sorts as it still responds to gates just not proper CV for modulation. So you get duophony plus the ringmod gate trick… I really need to do some sessions building loops with Syntrx + 0-ctrl. Bassloops and finding sweetspots with the joystick is a ton of fun with it :slight_smile:

1 Like