Erica Synths SYNTRX

A Devilfish would be the fastest route to the Devilfish sound. But shoot a sequence of MIDI notes at your Syntrx, I was amazed at how much it opened up compared to drones.

Also, make sure your levels are fairly low. I end up adding gain or compression with the Octatrack, and that further opens the Syntrx’ sonic possibilities. It’s like spelunking into a cave system that gets larger and more elaborate the deeper you go. Without the risk of getting stuck half way to the other side of the world. :rofl:

Another good thing to try is stacking reverbs. I’ve had good results with the Syntrx signal exiting from the Spring and into the Virus. Virus adds Hall reverb, then passes the signal on to the OT, who adds some plate. Now that my Space is back from it’s spa day month at the Eventide factory, I just need to find room on my desk for all the reverbs. :grin:

2 Likes

Bit more sybtle this time, and it does that extremely well. Though with great help from my new Ventris dual Reverb for the Room this darkness takes place in.

One thing I did notice, at very low levels, to create these subtle scapes, you can actually also hear the LED from the trapazoid in the Reverb. It’s at very low levels and only noticeable when the trapazoid isn’t actually audibly modulating anything.

@amaury

4 Likes

:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Behold, the SYNTRX BAG!

Pictured on an Ikea POÄNG and with a Timbuk2 Command

Observations:

• At least as well built as a Timbuk2
  • Much like Timbuk2, there is some padding, but not much
  • I was initially puzzled by the small block of black foam. After loading the Syntrx into its bag, it became clear that the foam is to protect the joystick. Great attention to detail on the part of Erica / Negorod.
  • The Timbuk2 will fit under an airline seat when fully stuffed. As pictured, it is at about half capacity. I would double check dimensions before attempting to board a flight, but it seems like it would work as carry on. I’d probably put it in a Pelican and check it or ship it separately though.
3 Likes

Been considering this all week.

1 Like

Cheaper than buying the actual synth itself. Tempting…

2 Likes

Off to take a shower, I feel too dirty now.

4 Likes

Heresy!

Thanks for the heads up! I like what I hear so far.

I received mine today, instant love! This instrument is so beautiful, so well build, and then the first moments with it I was in bliss, I could make it talk a weird voice, my son loved it as well, it’s part of the family now!

Quite dark, sir! You’re video. Deep in the cave…

4 Likes

let’s all chime in together!

1 Like

I sent Erica Synths an email asking about the possibility of making the inputs DC-coupled and they replied that they will perform the mod free of charge.
I just need to pay the shipping fees. What a cool company.

I’ve always liked their products and attitude and this makes me respect them even more. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Sorry for the doofus question but what does that allow exactly? To use the audio inputs as CV inputs?

Yes. If you now input slow moving cv, it will not let it through.
This mod will make a huge difference as the inputs are sources in the mod matrix.

1 Like

Awesome! Though I wish I knew this before I ordered… I don’t think return postage from the bottom of the world to Latvia will be cheap. I might ask if they have instructions to pass on to a technician down here to do the mod for me.

2 Likes

Bookmarked with an alert for 6 months from now to remind me to look into this. It’s gonna take my tiny brain (and busy schedule) that much time to realise I need it.

5 Likes

Oh my…
I might just do that in the future.

3 Likes

This still allows for audio input, right? I.e. not an either-or situation?

It does.

1 Like

please do. I’m curious how difficult it would be.

and why they didn’t do it in the first place :thinking:

1 Like

Any idea what the modification entails? I wouldn’t do it myself but also wouldn’t ship it back and forth. I’m thinking, there are knowledgeable people in my city that I could pay to do it some day. I just wonder what is the modification.